1990s bar name and location??

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

1990s bar name and location??

Post by wolfcreek »

I'm trying to remember the name and street location of the air conditioned bar that was staffed by Filipina (primarily) waitresses who played pool with customers for money back in the 1990s? It was a bit pricier than the other places, and it was frequented mostly by higher income types (embassy folks, NGO folks, etc). I believe it is gone now...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 1990s bar name and location??

Post by John Bingham »

Cathouse?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Yes, most definitely the old Cat House and very aptly named during UNTAC's time. All those surplus ladies from the US Bases at Subic and elsewhere just flocked in to Phnom Penh. As with most thing when there is active compettiton in a market place the price of sex fell to very low levels.

OML
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Ahhh, the Cathouse... Went there on one of my first trips to PP around 1996. Awesome place in the early evening, loads of expats and, yes, some Filipino theme. The owner or manager (Steve???) was a great host. But the place changed in the late nineties for the worse unfortunately.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I think it's some women's clothing shop now.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

I think you are right (I could only remember that there was the word cat in the name). The air con was always nice there, but I never had much luck at the pool table.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic