Unrest is sweeping across the US

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Unrest is sweeping across the US

Post by Alex »

The very thought that freed slaves and their children can live among their former slavers as fellow citizens is insane. With the benefit of hindsight, they should have been given their own country. I have a few areas in mind that I wouldn't miss if they weren't a part of the US nowadays.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Alex wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:42 amWith the benefit of hindsight, they should have been given their own country.
We did. It's called Liberia.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Big Daikon wrote:
Alex wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:42 amWith the benefit of hindsight, they should have been given their own country.
We did. It's called Liberia.
And the forefathers of the BLM movement screwed it up big time.

Protesting, rioting, and scolding is one thing. Creating a solid, prosperous country is quite another.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Meanwhile somewhere else. Cant imagine what would happened in the USA. He would wake up as strainer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXsvXn9 ... pp=desktop
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

BklynBoy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:08 am
-- There was unrest during the civil rights era. It's quite possible the exact same statements you just made you or others would of made during that same time period.
Possibly. But that was an era where journalists still had a sense of responsibility and thought they had a moral duty to try and calm tensions. They actually believed in presenting facts at that point. News media today is about preaching to your niche in order to maximize ratings. Nobody is acting to try and bridge the gap. The money is in joining a faction and widening it.

Talking to my mother who grew up in the civil rights era, she says the feelings on the street by the ordinary individual during that time were nothing like today. She told me she hopes she won't live to see what may be coming. You could be right of course, but I think you might also be underselling what is happening.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

i think ur overselling it.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

Post by pauloxleyisland »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:33 am Fundementalist individualism, hyper consumerism and free-range dog eat dog capitalism are not the building blocks of an enduring, cohesive society.
...it seems.
Really,what ever those words mean. Have you been watching what’s been happening over there lately
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

I think he may of had a PR person write this but either, it is said spot on

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:16 am

PS, in no otherr civilused western country on the planet do the people feel like this. This is not normal. You have serious-shit problems. Yoo hooo
#1 as usual your Anti American statements are off.
#2 no other country is like America. No other country has the freedoms we do.
What happened in Europe, I'm not sure if it was England or? , last week or so ago? The cops had to run for their lives.

You truly believe that all people in every other single country can strole all around, everywhere, 100% with 0 fear in certain areas?

I'd be happy to buy your ticket and pay accommodation to test your theary if you are brave enough. I'm quite confident i can pick some places out you'd disappear on a walkabout. Who knows, we could get 15 mins of fam in your very own beheading video.
Still here, in country...
Longhaul12
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Longhaul12 »

Ravensnest wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:19 pm I think he may of had a PR person write this but either, it is said spot on

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:16 am

PS, in no otherr civilused western country on the planet do the people feel like this. This is not normal. You have serious-shit problems. Yoo hooo
#1 as usual your Anti American statements are off.
#2 no other country is like America. No other country has the freedoms we do.
What happened in Europe, I'm not sure if it was England or? , last week or so ago? The cops had to run for their lives.

You truly believe that all people in every other single country can strole all around, everywhere, 100% with 0 fear in certain areas?

I'd be happy to buy your ticket and pay accommodation to test your theary if you are brave enough. I'm quite confident i can pick some places out you'd disappear on a walkabout. Who knows, we could get 15 mins of fam in your very own beheading video.
You can’t be serious? You really think no other country has the same freedoms as America? :facepalm: :facepalm:
I respect your opinion, but There are so many problems with What you have said, I honestly don’t know where to start. You appear to be one of the lost causes, head in the sand type. Good luck to you and your wonderful country sir :wave:
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Paragraph /1 ^^^ Ravensnest
I stand by the crux my statement, which was..
- in no other civilised western country on the planet are more and more poeple rushing out to buy guns "because of the breakdown of society" (quote from Newkid explaining why americans were buying even more guns now)
This is not normal. Your society has serious problems.

Para 2/ Who said anything about any place everybody felt 100% safe? Totally spurious argument. Irrelevant.

Para 3/
Name me a more dangerous civilised western country than USA
Even there i dont beleive i would ever need a gun just to survive. Anywhere.
Buy me a ticket to any civilised western country on the planet and i will prove you wrong. (please)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic