Village Chief Accused of Burning Woman Alive After Sex Tryst

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Village Chief Accused of Burning Woman Alive After Sex Tryst

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Kampong Chhnang): The Royal Gendarmerie investigated a case of a woman who was allegedly burnt to death by her lover. Within seven days of investigation, the royal gendarmerie arrested a 67-year-old man, named Nhom Sokhun, a village chief in Krang Kantrol village, Samaki Meanchey district, Kampong Chhnang.
Police say that on the morning of 21 June, 2020, the village chief went to a ceremony in the village, where he met the woman victim. Later on, the victim drove her motorbike back to the farm, then at 12:22 pm, the two lovers called to meet each other again for a sexual tryst. However, (according to the suspect), while they were having sex, the victim fainted, so then he (the suspect) took her to a hut which he burnt to the ground with the body inside. After that, the murderer ran away to escape, but he was captured by the gendarmes a week later.
The suspect is being questioned on charges on murder.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Village Chief Accused of Burning Woman Alive After Sex Tryst

Post by Phnom Poon »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:31 pm while they were having sex, the victim fainted, so then he (the suspect) took her to a hut which he burnt to the ground with the body inside.
as anyone would
rip

monstra mihi bona!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Phnom Poon wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:55 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:31 pm while they were having sex, the victim fainted, so then he (the suspect) took her to a hut which he burnt to the ground with the body inside.
as anyone would
rip
Saying that "there must be more to this story" is a bit of a cliche, but there must be more this story for sure. Saying that the woman fainted while having sex sounds like BS to me, and makes me wonder if the guy didn't meet her there to kill her for one "reason" or another. Crazy shit.

I also wonder about how village people manage to have secret affairs, when you know that there are very few secrets in Cambodian villages.

Anyway, peace to her, and may he rot in jail.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

indeed, quite likely rape and murder

monstra mihi bona!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Anchor Moy wrote:I also wonder about how village people manage to have secret affairs, when you know that there are very few secrets in Cambodian villages.
There are less than few secrets in the villages. The villagers invent unbelievable gossip all the time. Usually about me.

Poor lady. She didn’t deserve such a poor fate. May she have a better next life, and condolences to the family.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

She fainted? I hope she was in fact murdered first and not alive for the burning. What a horrible thought that she would have experienced such pain. Why such a high percentage of village chiefs and policemen brutalizing women? Yes, I know why but just asking.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:52 am
Anchor Moy wrote:I also wonder about how village people manage to have secret affairs, when you know that there are very few secrets in Cambodian villages.
There are less than few secrets in the villages. The villagers invent unbelievable gossip all the time. Usually about me.

Poor lady. She didn’t deserve such a poor fate. May she have a better next life, and condolences to the family.
Share details about those unbelievable gossip ? :please:
Don't forget the water buffalo
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Kayve wrote:Share details about those unbelievable gossip ? :please:
I’m going to assume that this is a serious question.
Here’s a bunch of them, just off the top of my head.

Missus is a girl on the side (srey khmin) and the wife is in Phnom Penh. Despite the fact that she lives in Phnom Penh.

Missus is a second (little) wife, and the wife in the west.

I’m part of some society with their Khmer relatives in the West and I can get them to send back more money. Because there’s never enough karma to donate to the temple..... or more land and a house, new moto and car would be nice, too.

I’m secretly a pimp sent there to steal all the girls in the village and ship them to mainland China.

I have the ins with immigration in either the West or China and can get them or either relatives visas and citizenship if they whisper loud enough.

Villagers must be insanely bored to invent all these wild rumors all over a foreigner that got married in the village. They don’t need secrets. They invent them everyday.

Just a former eternal traveller to the Kingdom of Wonder.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:06 am

Missus is a girl on the side (srey khmin) and the wife is in Phnom Penh. Despite the fact that she lives in Phnom Penh.

I’m part of some society with their Khmer relatives in the West and I can get them to send back more money. Because there’s never enough karma to donate to the temple..... or more land and a house, new moto and car would be nice, too.

I’m secretly a pimp sent there to steal all the girls in the village and ship them to mainland China.

I have the ins with immigration in either the West or China and can get them or either relatives visas and citizenship if they whisper loud enough.

Villagers must be insanely bored to invent all these wild rumors all over a foreigner that got married in the village. They don’t need secrets. They invent them everyday.

There are those stories and in fact your only in the village to steal there lands, but in the end they only want your money.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:06 am

Thanks for replying, I had a good laugh at their assumptions :lol:
Don't forget the water buffalo
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic