CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Post by General Mackevili »

WoW! There's thread about us that WASN'T deleted in less then a minute! ! !

If you still have a Khmer440 account, please feel free to follow the link and show your support! !

They also mention we don't have a lot of "content" yet, which is true. We haven't even had our 1-month birthday! ! !

Also states that we don't have as much traffic as them. Of course! We are only 3 weeks old! They are over 10 years old! Is anyone seriously surprised they have more traffic (at this point)?

Things are going great for us, and we appreciate everyone's patience while we get this site off the ground!

I can promise you we'll be adding much better content in the near future, but we've been sooooo busy behind the scenes you wouldn't believe it! !

Also, the content depends on our members, and I think we already have a great group of members, and more are signing up every day! !

And a special thanks to "Long In the Tooth" for FINALLY getting us posted! ! ! Well done, sir. And a thanks to Gavin for NOT deleting it! :beer1:

Show your support!

No publicity is bad publicity!

:Yahoo!:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: Khmer440.com FINALLY admits we exist! (with link!)

Post by Soi Dog »

GavinMac claims his forum is now "flame-free" since we all left there. It's also discussion-free, post-free, thread-free....etc. What sock puppets do GavinMac and andyinasia use when they post on here?

Of course the had to leave that thread up sooner or later. They have NO other new content. :ROFL:
Sohi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sohi »

Soi I think it's a leap to assume they have sock puppets here, im sure they've looked in occasionally but I doubt they've signed up yet I reckon they would see it as a betrayal to k440 to boost the posts here, but maybe I'm wrong
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Even if they did have sock puppets, it would probably be impossible to figure out who they were without using some really sophisticated techniques and algorithms.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Deleted by author, duplicate post
Last edited by StroppyChops on Tue May 27, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Only because it was requested:
C.E.O.
by long in the tooth » Mon May 26, 2014 10:30 pm
long in the tooth wrote:is it just me or is this site lame?

not that all you mincing old hens are any better....... but, for christ sake.

snoresville.

cambode eatz

and buys a bunch of balloons.....

i had to Google balloons to spell it right so......

he who lives is glass houses.....

cambod rulez... a wee bit.
by gavinmac » Mon May 26, 2014 10:38 pm
gavinmac wrote:Well, in my opinion, it's a parasitic copycat site started by guys who moved to Cambodia in the last few years, immediately started posting on K440 about 30 times a day, made all their friends through K440, then decided to start their own website to talk to their friends about how much K440 sucks. I have also received reports that, instead of generating independent interest in their site, they simply spammed posters here with PMs about the site (note: I cannot read PMs) and then contacted K440 advertisers to offer them free ads.

Since those posters left, K440 has been mostly free of flame wars and mindless nonsensical over-posting (our resident punmaster excluded). Those folks like to complain about over-moderation on K440, but there's been virtually no moderation here since General Z, Jonno and other flame war instigators started posting over there.

The expat population in Cambodia has grown exponentially in the last few years, and sites like VAG, CPN, TV, CEO have sprung up and will continue to spring up I imagine. None of them get near the traffic or breadth of discussion as K440.
by andyinasia » Mon May 26, 2014 10:59 pm
andyinasia wrote:Blimey, I thought posts about this topic were immediately deleted. Change of policy or admin and mod on different pages?
by gavinmac » Mon May 26, 2014 11:12 pm
gavinmac wrote:Well, half of their threads are about K440 and we certainly don't want to have that happen over here, no one benefits from that. But since they are using sock puppets here to spam our posters with PMs about their site, we might as well address the topic. We're not going to let this get into a personal bashing of the guys leading up that site though, they are OK guys, they are just dullards online who don't have any independent ideas or insights. If we end up locking this topic in a few days it's not because we are Nazi book burner-types, it will be because we don't want to perpetuate continued sniping back and between the two forums. I think we are all better off if we do our thing and they do theirs (and their thing seems to be droning on endlessly about K440 and the violation of their god given right to have barebreasted avatars).
by andyinasia » Mon May 26, 2014 11:14 pm
andyinasia wrote:Fair enough. To be honest I completely agree with the assessments of both of you, which my explain why I haven't had any spammy PMs.
by gavinmac » Mon May 26, 2014 11:24 pm
gavinmac wrote:
andyinasia wrote:Fair enough. To be honest I completely agree with the assessments of both of you, which my explain why I haven't had any spammy PMs.
You also keep your online status hidden, I think they might just spam people from the online list. I'm not sure.

We asked them nicely a few days ago to stop PM-spamming posters here, and they have apparently just continued to do it, based on what I'm hearing, which is disappointing. I still like both of those guys personally, they are just getting overly excited and carried away, which is consistent with how they behaved when they were posting over here.
by andyinasia » Mon May 26, 2014 11:38 pm
andyinasia wrote:A few of our better posters are dipping in over there, which is fine, but I hope when they get how anemic it all is, they decide to stay over this side.

The weird tihng is that whilst some of the more unpleasant trollish types have left K440, making this a much more pleasant place, they're rocking up at CEO and joining in the whole nicey-nicey vibe. That simply can't last - boundaries are going to be pushed soon enough.
by JuggerForHire » Mon May 26, 2014 11:49 pm
JuggerForHire wrote:Sure hope there's another Best Pizza in Phnom Penh thread soon.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Sohi wrote:Soi I think it's a leap to assume they have sock puppets here, im sure they've looked in occasionally but I doubt they've signed up yet I reckon they would see it as a betrayal to k440 to boost the posts here, but maybe I'm wrong
Well, they are all welcome to sign up here and post under whatever username they want.

I also like Andy as a poster, and I would have sent him a personal PM inviting him on over, but I can't give up all my sock puppets, LoL.

They also mention that I sent K440 users PM's inviting them to come check us out. They still refer to them as "PM's" but as much as they like to read members' PM's and post about them publicly, I can only assume that "PM" stands for "Public Message" over on K440 and not "Private Message" like it's supposed to stand for on other sites, like CEO.

And yes, they approached us and asked "us" to stop sending PM's, which I never agreed to. After being rudely banned (which I'm fine with), I have no loyalty to KiR, who had been a friend for several years prior.

I would never have done that in the first place if they would have allowed me to stay a member over there, or if KiR would have had the decency to at least reply to me when I turned down his offer to be a K440 Mod, but I have no qualms about inviting people over from a forum that I'm banned from simply for starting our own site. Everyone has been very supportive except him.

I still wish them luck!

I like those guys, but it was time for me to move on and for us as a community to create something different after everything that was going on.

Some people felt I should have banned Jonno sooner, and maybe you're right, but we're going out of our way to start CEO from the ground up on solid principles, including giving everyone a chance.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

^ Thanks for the play-by-play, Stroppy!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

If this going to be another American Revolution I want to reserve the right to write the 10th Commandment :D
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Sohi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sohi »

To save stroppy having to do it I posted this over on k440
I like both forums and I think there's room for both, we all know k440 can be a bit intimidating but that is what makes it fun, ceo could be described as dull but at least no one is going to bite your head off
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic