International Driving Permits - Update

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: International Driving Permits - Update

Post by whatwat »

The licences and vehicle ID cards now look like they’ve been knocked up on a $40 laser printer.

What happened to the hard credit card style ones?
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

And no description on the back so you know what the license in for , only the QR code now
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

atst wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:58 am And no description on the back so you know what the license in for , only the QR code now
Eh?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

The QR code is a link to the moto department with your licence details only then do you know what the categories stand for.
no more this

only this
Image and this Image
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

atst wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:58 am And no description on the back so you know what the license in for , only the QR code now
The category is written on the front - or do you need a picture? :beer2:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Spigzy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:38 pm
What does A,B stand for you may know but someone you show it to may not
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I'd say the new license is a bargain at just 120,000 riels plus plus. Excellent quality, great service at their office and no tea money made anywhere. OK, the compulsory Wing payment cost 2,000r despite the sign in Khmer saying 1,000r.
Spoiler:
Last year's license cost 30,000r.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:39 pm I'd say the new license is a bargain at just 120,000 riels plus plus. Excellent quality, great service at their office and no tea money made anywhere. OK, the compulsory Wing payment cost 2,000r despite the sign in Khmer saying 1,000r.
Spoiler:
Last year's license cost 30,000r.
yep
$30++ for a 1 year license, hell of a bargain... :facepalm:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Spigzy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:38 pm
The person who exchanged their home licence and the cops (and everyone else) will know “B” means car, or “tourist” vehicle.

Anyway. They look cheap and fake but, surprise-surprise, the Chinese have exactly the same setup. Shock!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodians Allowed to Hold International Driving Permit
AKP Phnom Penh, September 30, 2020 --

Cambodian people now can apply for international driving permit to be able to drive abroad.

The Royal Government of Cambodia has allowed the citizens to apply for the international driving permit, said H.E. Sun Chanthol, Senior Minister and Minister of Public Works and Transport.

"The international driving permit can be applied for from now on and it can be used worldwide," the senior minister underlined while presiding over the opening of a vehicle registration centre at Chip Mong Noro Mall in Phnom Penh on Sept. 30.

According to H.E. Sun Chanthol, people can drive in 99 countries around the world with this international driving permit and the fee of its issuance is 250,000 Riel (about US$62.5).

By Chea Vannak
- AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic