New Songkran ‘replacement’ holiday added on July 27

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

New Songkran ‘replacement’ holiday added on July 27

Post by phuketrichard »

Not sure the point as still no tourists allowed in,so maybe its a good thing, Back to a Thai holiday...
The Thai government has declared July 27 the first of, what will probably be, substitute Songkran holidays. This year’s Songkran holiday was postponed as the April 13 Thai New Year holiday, and the days around it, were right in the middle of Thailand’s outbreak of Covid-19 and subsequent ‘lockdowns’.

Songkran celebrates the start of Thailand’s wet season. The first replacement holiday falls right in the middle of the country’s wet season.
https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/songkra ... on-july-27

The only holiday i cant handle anymore as it has truly lost its meaning and been replaced by drunken thai's, farangs and traffic accidents/deaths
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: New Songkran ‘replacement’ holiday added on July 27

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I think the point is a lot of people continued working through those holidays this year, factories etc, which they are actually entitled to so it's only fair they get them.

This is one of the most common sense moves the govt has made during this process, the economic benefit of several long weekends tagged onto other holidays will be a welcome boost to resort locations favoured by Thais and perhaps not so carnage inducing as the national exodus for the normal Songkran. I won't be driving my car this long weekend as I expect my area to be packed again.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic