New Section Suggestions?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: New Section Suggestions?

Post by StroppyChops »

red dragon wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:^ and this is your second post? Quality.
If I was I mod I'd cut off your balls which is why we need rules for mods.
I look forward to meeting you in person.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
red dragon
Tourist

Post by red dragon »

any time
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

EdinWigan wrote:
red dragon wrote:Not a new section but I'd like to see the mods doing what they're supposed to do and MODERATE and not behave like super posters whose opinions carry more weight because they wield the axe. If GM, OD etc want to join the debate I suggest they do it with other accounts. Many of us have moved over here because our opinion is not in with the clique over there but there's a danger this becomes just the same. All should be welcome as long as they follow the rules. The upside for GM and OD doing this is that other posters will hardly leave the site because they don't agree with their opinions. This is by no means a criticism of how CEO is currently run but a caution.

I don't agree. I like the idea of the (Mods) running around the forums with the members. It seems more a gentle kind of limited self policing, than more traditional dictatorial style, so often seen elsewhere. Mods and especially Admin folk do important roles but let no one forget they are also here for the fun and banter, like the rest of us. I think it is one of the things that makes CEO different.

On the akin subject of the leaders of the former regime, infiltrating this forum, in the guise of sock covered hands. Well welcome to them also, please enjoy your visit. As long as folk abide by the rules and ethos of CEO, I for one am strongly in favour off allowing access to everyone.
The general and I have goth made it quite clear, we participate but will have zero tolerance of moderation of people by either of us (or any future mod if they happen) simply because they disagree with the person in question. that's not what moderation is for. disagree with me all you want (as many often do/did). i'll argue you in the thread just like before... no adminning or modding needed. we're not special in that sense at all... just regular posters who happen to also have the job of cleaning up anything that violates rules/etc.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:The general and I have goth made it quite clear...
Like Howard and Raj with the tattoo sleeves...
The Educator
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by The Educator »

Good evening, everyone.

How about a quiz section? I prepare a weekly fun quiz and would be happy to post up the three picture rounds every week for your entertainment.

Something like the example below.

The Educator
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by The Educator »

One quick tip: If you cannot clearly view the pictures above, press CTRL and the + key a few times to magnify the image.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Great enthusiasm, but PLEASE tell us you don't use teaching aids with that color palette?
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

Tapatalk doesn't have a CTRL button. Maybe that should be in the quiz?
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Milord wisely suggested a special Thailand section on another thread, as opposed to lumping Thailand in with the "Rest of the World" section. Lets make Thailand expats specifically welcome here.
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

Soi Dog wrote:Milord wisely suggested a special Thailand section on another thread, as opposed to lumping Thailand in with the "Rest of the World" section. Lets make Thailand expats specifically welcome here.
Someone else wisely suggested that two weeks ago.
giblet wrote:Teaching
Thailand transplants
Ahem! :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic