Koh Kong cleaner

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Koh Kong cleaner

Post by Austman »

I was so impressed I had to post something! I last visited koh Kong about 5 years ago. Being a fisherman and a little bit of a greenie i was horrified to see the 1 metre high pile of plastic bottles and rubbish on the foreshore! I visited again just last week,well i may have caught you on a good day but the rubbish had all but gone It looks like they are trying to clean it up and they are doing a wonderful job! I ate breakfast in a restaurant across from the riverside up from the bridge the kmer guy (the owner) who served me spoke English really well, after he tried to sell me a block of land on the other side of the river 10 metres x 20 metres, I mentioned how clean I thought koh Kong was compared to my last visit he said that the local government had set some strict guide lines 1 was that the large fishing boats were not allowed to be within 10 metres of the shoreline and had held some seminars of sorts and had tuktuks running up and down the streets with loud speakers threatening fines for littering trying to educate people to do the right thing. what ever they did its working it looked much cleaner! <> I didn't see any barangs "at all" in the 24 hours i spent there although the place was very busy a hive of activity! I didn't visit the chicken farm so no reports on that sorry. Austman
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Koh Kong cleaner

Post by AndyKK »

It was some years ago the large hotels on the riverside, such as the Koh Kong Bay Hotel along with the Asian Koh Kong Hotel, many of the towns main street buildings has I understand have already signed contracts with new tenancy agreements by Chinese investors, the venders were moved along from the riverside and placed along the road outside the Department of Tourism, I think it all came about when it was decided the new port will be on the riverside with Koh Kong being one of the tourist destinations.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic