American MICHAEL LANESTON Homeless After 3 Year Overstay

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

American MICHAEL LANESTON Homeless After 3 Year Overstay

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On May 25, 2020, at 2 pm, an American national, MICHAEL LANESTON, 54 years old, went to the Office of Investigation at the Immigration department of the police commissioner in Phnom Penh, asking for the police to send him back to the USA. He has overstayed his visa for three years and has no money to renew it.

After questioning, the police found that the American man came to Cambodia for work in 2017 through the Poipet border from Thailand. He ended up having no job and stayed on the street as a homeless person. He now wishes to return to his country.

On May 21, 2020, he went to get the Covid-19 test at Khmer Soviet hospital, and the result was negative. After that, the US national was sent to the General Department of Immigration to follow the legal action.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American MICHARL LANESTON Homeless After 3 Year Overstay

Post by BklynBoy »

Re: New Novel on Expats in Cambodia Published Soon
Post by MarkRobinson » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:31 am

:dragonchase: I was given a much traveled & batted book in Phnom Penh in 2007 from a departing friend. 👟 It was the one of the funniest, grotesque, but also insightful memoirs I have ever come across." Street - kids songbook,a torch song trilogy of pain " .The author was printed as a Mike Kelly ,an American expat who had once worked in Cambodia clearing mines & other war junk, gotten married had 2 kids with a local Khmer lady and inevitably gotten ripped- off and emotionally smashed by her & her greedy family.
I would laugh & cry whilst reading it back home in N.Z,and his descriptions of the country,its smells , and other details entrapped /enthralled me to spend many months in Cambodia.
PS, have any other members/punters read it or have info about the " author " .???? Its a hilarious, triumphant, story of an American's experience of 1980s-1990s Kampuchea.

The above was written in a different thread--- . I met this guy and said his name was Mike Kelly.. if its not. That is how I was introduced to him. He told me used to be in the army and doing things that are described above. The longer one stays involved w/ Cambodia, the probability of reading a story about someone you know in the news increases. He doesn't look happy in the pics but this is probably best for him.
Gonna check his FB page ...
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American MICHAEL LANESTON Homeless After 3 Year Overstay

Post by Alex »

Not how I want to look like when I'm 54!
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Alex wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:22 pm Not how I want to look like when I'm 54!
Yes, a little road-weary for 54. Don't know how long he has be "homeless" in Cambodia but he has definitely been eating (drinking) more than enough as his girth does not match that of a broke, homeless man.
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase: Dragon chase , ,on the case

Another " only in Cambodia mystery" solved ! ! ! Yes that does look very ,very similar to the author of Street -- kids Song book ; A Torch song trilogy of pain . :beer: .A classic true life story of glue sniffing kids ,wild ,/ exotic marathon parties with Queens of Sora mall/riverside legends and " Grand - slams where apparently whole grams of vitamins ? Were loaded into pipes ,multiple box's of beer were consumed, etc , , etc. .
Ross Kelly , , come on down. ! ~

- Remember the weekly T V programs " Its your life
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

without the mask he looks 10 years+ older
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic