I am woman child ... hear me roar.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

I am woman child ... hear me roar.

Post by newkidontheblock »

Posted to Asinine Area and Not in Cambodia.

Got this flyer taped to my door.
The snowflake generation has officially arrived at my doorstep.

ImageImage

Here’s the summary.

She is not staying very long and wants to be exempted from association rules.

No renting is allowed by association rules, only owners are allowed. So how is she staying short term?

She wants the association to build her a she shed on public property so that she can be naked and work on her bike in peace. She claims she has a disability- she can’t get along with people well.
And it’s everyone’s job to accommodate her.

Homeowners can build whatever they want on their property. Everyone pays monthly fees for the common stuff.

She rides an extra loud motorcycle for public safety. Because she can’t see and drive well. Everyone needs to get out of her way for their safety.

She repairs her bike every few months and leaves her trash around for days. Every owner has a paid for parking spot. There are visitor’s parking spots ... for visitors.

She’s sick and tired of the cops being called on her constantly for noise complaints from riding her bike at all hours and sick and tired of the association scolding her for leaving her junk around on other people’s property.

Truly an asinine and not in Cambodia observation about today’s society. From my perspective, of course.

BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: I am woman child ... hear me roar.

Post by BklynBoy »

she sounds like a karen.. lol

seems like those trumpers are snowflakes as well.. cant stand staying home and need a haircut .. nails done... that sounds snowflakey too me also..
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

If I may nitpick, not a Karen. A Karen typically seeks to enforce rules, not break them.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I’ll bite. What’s a Karen? Is it a British term? Australian term? Kiwi term? What does it mean?

Is it like a Sheila?
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:19 am I’ll bite. What’s a Karen? Is it a British term? Australian term? Kiwi term? What does it mean?

Is it like a Sheila?
https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/karen/
Karen is a mocking slang term for an entitled, obnoxious, middle-aged white woman. Especially as featured in memes, Karen is generally stereotyped as having a blonde bob haircut, asking to speak to retail and restaurant managers to voice complaints or make demands, and being a nagging, often divorced mother from Generation X.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic