Angry Western Vagrant Cooks Carrots & Threatens Stabbing on Street 172

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Angry Western Vagrant Cooks Carrots & Threatens Stabbing on Street 172

Post by Yobbo »

He has been living on the street for at least a year. Doesn’t seem to struggle for money too much. I believe is is Finnish (definitely Scandinavia).

Always has a new bottle or two of whisky everyday, normally a clean change of clothes, usually sits in a bar or on the street causing no issues.

Seems to be more of a drinking/mental health problem than a money problem imo.
[/quote]
So would it still be safe to say that carrots are good for the eyes?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

xandreu wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:01 am No idea who he is but let's remind ourselves that we're now three months into an ongoing global pandemic, schools are still closed and it's still very difficult / expensive to leave the country. I would expect there are many who were laid off at the beginning of all of this, thought they could survive on their meagre savings for a while until it was all sorted, couldn't get employment teaching online and are now starting to feel the full impact.

If his story is something similar to that he has my full sympathy.
You have brought some good points, nobody could have imagined this shit would last this long and it's far from over sadly
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase:
The guy IS from Finland & has overstayed his visa for at least 6 - 8 months. He is usually 0 K ,but abuses the wildly promoted toxic ( but " legal " ) drug alcohol.The thrower is another booze artist , who stays at the Indian run hostel on 172 freak Street.Its amusing free entertainment on this tourist attraction know as 172 hero's street.
Showtime 6 A M -- 5A M
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
PHofer
BANNED
Switzerland

Post by PHofer »

MarkRobinson wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:38 am :dragonchase:
The guy IS from Finland & has overstayed his visa for at least 6 - 8 months. He is usually 0 K ,but abuses the wildly promoted toxic ( but " legal " ) drug alcohol.The thrower is another booze artist , who stays at the Indian run hostel on 172 freak Street.Its amusing free entertainment on this tourist attraction know as 172 hero's street.
Showtime 6 A M -- 5A M
Showtime every day is one hour or 23 hours?
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

MarkRobinson wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:38 am :dragonchase: .The thrower is another booze artist , who stays at the Indian run hostel
Is that the old Welsh bloke?
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

MarkRobinson wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:38 am :dragonchase:
Showtime 6 A M -- 5A M
I must be unlucky, because when I make my occasional visit to 172 to grab a burger and fries, I never see any interesting people, or activities.
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase: * Re show -- time clarification The ongoing freakshow /human realtime tragedy usually kicks off around 6 - 7 A M, as another episode begins with the oncoming light. This absurd ,Gonzo like performance usually crashes out 4. --5 AM the next morning .So yes its a near 23 hour " show ".A cross between " Breaking bad & Monty Python . :dragonchase: 2 I C . :dragonchase:
PS this welsh guy ? Aren't you confusing him with the beer gut Dutch booze fancier, the bloke with the brown beard and his loud ,mouthy ex bar girlfriend ,all skin & bones but a voice comparable to a high pitched foghorn ?,,.Their breakfast of choice is a six - PAC of Ankor beer ?.
And don't forget dear old Stephen, the genuine item when it comes to ( good hearted ) maniac . A Herman. man who remains relatively clean and polite when he is not having some manic periodic episode..
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

he is obviously an alcoholic and it must be annoying to locals that hes living in the street and making a disturbance outside their businesses but what can you do? I doubt he has money. drinks are the first thing people buy for people that are down and out. hes not the only one living in 172 and Im guessing there will be more before this recession is over
NeverNude
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by NeverNude »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:19 pm Yet another westerner living the dream life in Cambodia

God knows what Cambodians must think every time they see westerners choosing to live like this in their country
There was a clean-shaven, blonde, well-dressed early 20-something guy selling dresses in our usually locked courtyard residence yesterday morning, like those Burmese guys walking around selling to bar girls. I was walking by quickly, so I couldn't hear if he was Scandanavian or Russian.
Agarwal.Aditya
Expatriate
India

Post by Agarwal.Aditya »

I know this man I believe he has mental illness
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic