Pattaya: South-end Buakhao Market operating?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Pattaya: South-end Buakhao Market operating?

Post by ExPenhMan »

Got a mind to go to Pattaya in next few days to change the view out my window after 3 months of same same in Bangkok.

I always liked to shop a bit at the Tuesday/Friday market on the south end of Soi Buakhao.

Is it still operating both days and has the usual large supply of clothes, i.e., I'm looking for shirts.

All help appreciated.

Posted this on Thaivisa and not a single reply in almost two hours. Wonder if anyone lives there any more. In fact, overall, the Pattaya sub-forum is usually pretty dead except for the usual pugilism.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Pattaya: South-end Buakhao Market operating?

Post by DaveG »

My mate stuck in Pattaya has said Yes it's open
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I was in Central this afternoon and drove back along South Pattaya road on the way back to Jomtien about 3ish, i looked up from the Tuk. Com entrance and it was open but no idea how many traders are operating at the moment compared to before. If you can get what you want i'd say they'll be appreciative of the custom, I thought central Pattaya was the quietest i'd seen it for a few weeks. Speculating over a couple of beers tonight with friends, we're wondering if the last 2 weekends of local tourists might have peaked as the money runs out as we get closer to month end.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

If/when you come down ExPenhMan drop us a PM and we can meet up for a beer to chew the fat, interesting times. I'd like to hear your first hand Vietnam living experiences, still waiting a refund/future voucher for my cancelled first trip there.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:04 pm If/when you come down ExPenhMan drop us a PM and we can meet up for a beer to chew the fat, interesting times. I'd like to hear your first hand Vietnam living experiences, still waiting a refund/future voucher for my cancelled first trip there.
Will do. I decided I will stay on the beach side of Suk this visit, which will run 3-4 days. Staying behind Big C Extra on Klang. Haven't fixed the day of arrival yet.

Will send update via PM. :beer3:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Stop it ! Us guys stuck in Australia don't want to hear about your time's in Pattaya :please:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:17 pm Stop it ! Us guys stuck in Australia don't want to hear about your time's in Pattaya :please:
I'll second that...
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Don't worry lads you know the golden rule, what happens in Pattaya stays in Pattaya. :beer3:
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:55 pm
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:04 pm If/when you come down ExPenhMan drop us a PM and we can meet up for a beer to chew the fat, interesting times. I'd like to hear your first hand Vietnam living experiences, still waiting a refund/future voucher for my cancelled first trip there.
Will do. I decided I will stay on the beach side of Suk this visit, which will run 3-4 days. Staying behind Big C Extra on Klang. Haven't fixed the day of arrival yet.

Will send update via PM. :beer3:
Hopefully only a short wait until the bars get the nod to open, they originally said 30 days with no internal cases and we're only a few days away. May not even have to wait until July 1st.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

even i dont drink, like to joint too. Btw, thaivisa guys mostly stay outside Thai (think80%) thaivisa is a Worthless site, i prefer CEO since I stayed in KOW couple of years anyway, AND
the niveau of CEO is ....different.....
about Talat Buakao, I do not know, sorry!
in the beginning of the lockdown here, there were much more barang than now. Many went home in the last 3 month, with Government (european) help or others.
the rest are lontime expats or, like me, the ones waiting till KOW opens again.........
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic