British Woman RUBY WILKINS Arrested after Boyfriend Vandalizes Bridge in Kampot, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: British Woman RUBY WILKINS Arrested after Boyfriend Vandalizes Bridge in Kampot, Cambodia

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I wonder if her and Kampot Banksy have been in the country a long time, her passport was issued on Feb 20th this year by HMPO. If obtained in the UK quite tight timing to get in before Covid developments. Don't know if all the ones issued nowadays carry that authority if applied for from abroad.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Re: British Woman RUBY WILKINS Arrested after Boyfriend Vandalizes Bridge in Kampot, Cambodia

Post by angsta »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:58 pm
angsta wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:53 pm
Agreed, Banksy was a writer like this Soron dude, painting spots Barton Hill, track sides and the occasional train but you probably didn't notice or remember his work because it wasn't particularity different from other writers who were doing much the same thing. You noticed his stencils because they are much quicker to do and at the time he was one of the few writers that used them. In graffiti the use of stencils outside of say a New York writer from the 80s like Futura 2000 was unacceptable. Specifically in the 90s when Banksy started getting up. Banksy and this Soron dude represent basically the same thing.
I don't remember if it was FHM or Bizzare mag in like 1996 or 1997 had Banky's shovel rat stencil in one issue for all to use, along with a multispread feature on him. I was 13 or so at the time, pissing off my dad with rat stencils everywhere on the farm haha
Probably a bit later than 97. He was really only know in Bristol until 2000/01. I reckon its 02/03 ish.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Bubble T wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:14 am
AndyKK wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:22 amBanksy- art makes you think.
I was born and raised in Montpellier, Bristol about two streets down from where Banksy allegedly lived. I used to see his early "work" everywhere I walked as it was all over the neighborhood, from Cromwell Road, through Stokes Croft all the way down into Broadmead. Initially it was almost all just tags like the ones in the OP. They were mostly stencils right from the start, that was his thing, but they were still just mindless tags with his name and nothing else.

One that I remember in particular was this huge one on the side of the Kwik Fit opposite the Polish church just before you get to Stokes Croft as I walked past it on my way to school every day. It was just a massive stencil of his name, nothing more.

He gradually branched out but it took a long time. I think his "Mild Mild West" teddy throwing flowers at riot police was the first real artwork I saw from him, and that was many years after the tagging started.

Not saying these guys are good or that they didn't fuck up, clearly they did, but the double standard being applied here isn't warranted.
I have posted the art work you mentioned on the thread - Re: Banksy- art makes you think
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

#That's better...

copyright Doc67
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:54 pm #That's better...

copyright Doc67
Art Crimes.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

^ That's going to be worth a fortune when the art world discovers Doc67. " Here we have an early work from Doc67's CEO years, do I hear 2,000 riel". :D
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:56 pm ^ That's going to be worth a fortune when the art world discovers Doc67. " Here we have an early work from Doc67's CEO years, do I hear 2,000 riel". :D

I think so too, hence...

Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

angsta wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:22 pm
Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:54 pm #That's better...

copyright Doc67
Art Crimes.
Could be an Andy Warhol?
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

^ Haha
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase: ( The Man they Couldn't ban )
Another lightweight Pommy bimbo.
Kilye Manouge class - act ,rock on Sister BMX bandit
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic