Trading the Stock Market From Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
MikeD
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Trading the Stock Market From Cambodia

Post by MikeD »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:30 pm
Austman wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:22 pm Good to see constructive conversations on here without some fuckwit trying to prove how smart they are by putting others down. Yeah stock market who knows ? In out up down I reckon it's still more stable than my ex wife and that was a long term investment that went bad! Hahaha better looking than warren buffet though only just. Austman
I agree, a good thread, and no conspiracy theorists - yet!
I seriously want you all to do well in Cambodia and help the Khmer people when you have a chance. Just don't look down on me if/when you become good at playing the Stock Market.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

MikeD wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:25 am 1. Warren Buffet is fucked big time when he sold his airline stocks at/near the bottom. Was he right?
Airlines are risky. Some may go bankrupt and be worth nothing. Others may return to a good price. Warren Buffet is very smart. He obviously believes the chance of them going bankrupt is great enough to sell them at a low price. The problem he has, is the large amounts of shares he buys. Us small players can sell all of our shares in a few seconds. He has such large amounts, it takes weeks to sell them all. He most likely started selling at a good price, but the price kept going down. So the last ones would have been sold at low prices. Maybe he has not sold them all yet.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Wilhelm
Tourist
Canada

Post by Wilhelm »

I purchased shares in a health sciences mutual fund (includes a basket of biotech, hospitals, medical device manufacturers, etc.) before the corona outbreak, and I was tempted to sell when the shares were tanking. However, since that low point (during which I actually bought more shares because they were "cheap") the shares have risen steadily. And with the ongoing medical situation for so many folks, I'll just leave the money in the health sciences fund, since that's an industry currently (and historically) with strong fundamentals that I can examine on balance sheets, income statements, cash flows etc. Please note though, that the fund is comprised of mostly U.S. companies' stocks. My approach is unique to the American healthcare sector/funds, because of their historical focus on monetary profit over human life. Sad but true.
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

I don't really need to start a new thread for my question and feel bad about (no I don't) bumping an old thread but....

Does anyone here have dividends that pay into their US acc and then transfer over to a Cambodian acc? I usually use WU. Does the bank question where the money is coming from? Are you forced to fill out a form or is it all hunky dory?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic