Slightly shitting myself

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Slightly shitting myself

Post by Foreigner »

I phoned the doctor up last week. He said "what's the problem". I said, "I've had 17 colds in the last 8 months".

He says, "You can't have 17 colds in 8 months. What do you mean by colds ?"

I say, "How do you mean, what do I mean ?". "Colds"

"What type of colds ?", he says.

So I try to think of the typical symptoms. A bit of cattargh, sometimes feel a bit feverish but it passes. And lately I've started to get this feeling at the bottom of my lungs, kind of like a stitch. And I get a cold on my chest.

We discuss what I mean by a cold on my chest, I say to the guy, "have you ever had a cold ?". He says it's not about him it's about me.

So I say I don't know, I guess my chest feels kind of heavy. Like I've got a cold.

"Do you smoke ?", he asks. I tell him I do smoke.

He says, "OK, listen come in for some blood tests. We'll test your kidneys, your liver, check everything's looking normal", "and get a chest x-ray done", "call reception and arrange to pick up a form to take along". "I'll give you a call in a week or so when we've got the results."

So today I go along for the chest x-ray. I'm thinking this is a good day to do it cos my lungs are feeling like shit. The lady's all chirpy and friendly as she does the xray. She says I'm too tall to fit on the frame, so she takes some extra shots so there's pictures from the top to the bottom.

She says "that's it, we're all done.". Tells me the xrays will go to the hospital and my doctor will have them back in 5 days.

I can't stop thinking though that when I walked out she looked like she had tears in her eyes.

Probably nothing.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Slightly shitting myself

Post by Duncan »

Foreigner wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:23 am I phoned the doctor up last week. He said "what's the problem". I said, "I've had 17 colds in the last 8 months".

So I try to think of the typical symptoms. A bit of cattargh, sometimes feel a bit feverish but it passes. And lately I've started to get this feeling at the bottom of my lungs, kind of like a stitch. And I get a cold on my chest.

We discuss what I mean by a cold on my chest, I say to the guy, "have you ever had a cold ?". He says it's not about him it's about me.

So I say I don't know, I guess my chest feels kind of heavy. Like I've got a cold.

He says, "OK, listen come in for some blood tests. We'll test your kidneys, your liver, check everything's looking normal", "and get a chest x-ray done", "call reception and arrange to pick up a form to take along". "I'll give you a call in a week or so when we've got the results."

So today I go along for the chest x-ray. I'm thinking this is a good day to do it cos my lungs are feeling like shit. The lady's all chirpy and friendly as she does the xray. She says I'm too tall to fit on the frame, so she takes some extra shots so there's pictures from the top to the bottom.

She says "that's it, we're all done.". Tells me the xrays will go to the hospital and my doctor will have them back in 5 days.

I can't stop thinking though that when I walked out she looked like she had tears in her eyes.

Probably nothing.
If I had met you 20 years ago , I would have told you ,,, Stop Smoking.

If I met you to day ,, I would tell you ,,, You are a bloody fool.

If I meet you in Heaven ,, I will tell you ,,,,I told you so.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

Duncan wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:42 am
Foreigner wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:23 am I phoned the doctor up last week. He said "what's the problem". I said, "I've had 17 colds in the last 8 months".

Probably nothing.

Can't knock ambition, that's what I say.
; ) :)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Foreigner wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:49 am

Probably nothing.

Its not much fun being ill, more so in a country that is not your own. even more so just now with very little travel.
All the best to you Foreigner, hope just a simple cold, take care :hattip:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:33 am
Foreigner wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:49 am

Probably nothing.

Its not much fun being ill, more so in a country that is not your own. even more so just now with very little travel.
All the best to you Foreigner, hope just a simple cold, take care :hattip:
The riots haven't got that bad yet.
Revbo n Cambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Revbo n Cambo »

Man, I feel for u, been really sick here before so i went back home, took a year back in the USA to recover from some bloody parasites i got infected with, got better but dont think i
ever got my full gusto back, please 4give but i will mumble a prayer for u.
Hoping for the best Foreigner.
Thanks, just my 2cents
:beer3:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

somehow i put a lot of doubt in Foreigner's post
to bad as we wont get the results LOL
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic