Notorious - Conor McGregor

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Re: Notorious - Conor McGregor

Post by angsta »

Yerg wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:23 am If you’re interested, this has also been a very good watch.

He retired yesterday apparently. For the second time?
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

angsta wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:02 pm
Yerg wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:23 am If you’re interested, this has also been a very good watch.

He retired yesterday apparently. For the second time?
Until the next lucrative thing comes along, probably.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

If he "retires" he's out of drug testing pool and free to do a boxing match or something lucrative.

UFC simply won't give him a mega-fight if there's no gate; as is currently the situation.

So, ya, it's a negotiation/stalling tactic until full crowds come back to combat sports.

Like him or not, he's good at playing that game.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:58 pm If he "retires" he's out of drug testing pool and free to do a boxing match or something lucrative.

UFC simply won't give him a mega-fight if there's no gate; as is currently the situation.

So, ya, it's a negotiation/stalling tactic until full crowds come back to combat sports.

They offered him a replacement role for the next title fight. He didn't take it very well. He didn't want the Ferguson fight and then he wanted to jump the queue after seemingly having no interest in fighting Gaethje previously.

The Notorious movie was very good. I don't remember it being released 3 years ago.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

angsta wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:52 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:58 pm If he "retires" he's out of drug testing pool and free to do a boxing match or something lucrative.

They offered him a replacement role for the next title fight. He didn't take it very well. He didn't want the Ferguson fight and then he wanted to jump the queue after seemingly having no interest in fighting Gaethje previously.

The Notorious movie was very good. I don't remember it being released 3 years ago.
I just read about this. He said words to the effect that he’s no one’s ‘replacement’. Dana White is not a happy bunny.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

I actually have some sympathy for White in the his current situation. Jones and a few others aren't will to fight. McGregor has been difficult to deal with since his Mayweather fight. Connor will be back 100%. I guess he'll fight the winner of the title fight but he needs to fight before then to stay in shape.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

I agree. There’s no way he’s not going to have at least one or two more big money fights to retire on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic