Faces of Bhutan

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Faces of Bhutan

Post by phuketrichard »

One of my favorite photographers and holds a place on my Bucket list
Maybe once we can travel again, will fork out the $250/day

Bhutan has continually been ranked as the happiest country in all of Asia, and the eighth Happiest Country in the world.

Bhutan does not believe in GDP as an indicator of economic growth and development. It has introduced another measurement known as Gross National Happiness.

Bhutan, the Land of Thunder Dragon, is one of the most intriguing places I’ve visited.

– Bhutan is truly a feast for the eyes.

Education and healthcare is free for all citizens
Bhutan is the only nation in the world where the sale of tobacco is banned.
One-third of Bhutan’s population is under the age of 14; its median age is 22.3 years
Bhutan has never been conquered
It is mandatory for the Bhutanese to wear their national costume.
It is Illegal to Kill Anything.

https://gmbakash.wordpress.com/2020/06/ ... gmb-akash/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
RikuPontinen888
Expatriate
Finland

Re: Faces of Bhutan

Post by RikuPontinen888 »

Yo Yo Yo, It`s Me. That Cambodian Punk Rocker. Famous ASF in the Cambodian Hoooood.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

RikuPontinen888 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:29 pm

The Snow Leopard is a wonderful large cat. 28 years ago I visited the Snow Leopard Breeding Centre, Darjeeling.

https://www.inspirock.com/india/darjeel ... 8149085667
Always "hope" but never "expect".
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Richard: some people do eat meat, though the butchers are usually from India. It is mandatory to wear national dress for students, guides, government employees etc., it is not mandatory for all people all the time. You can actually smoke in Bhutan but the sale of cigarettes is indeed banned.

Probably one of the most beautiful countries I have visited.
RikuPontinen888
Expatriate
Finland

Post by RikuPontinen888 »

hanno wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:20 pm Richard: some people do eat meat, though the butchers are usually from India. It is mandatory to wear national dress for students, guides, government employees etc., it is not mandatory for all people all the time. You can actually smoke in Bhutan but the sale of cigarettes is indeed banned.

Probably one of the most beautiful countries I have visited.
Funny thing butchers are Indian. There is saying sum like : "Only weak/bad hunters are vegans"
Considering India prolly has highest number of vegans in world. 😀
I do not 100% agree with that saying. I say: "Bad cooks don't last long 100% vegan"
Have they fish in Bhutan? River?
Yo Yo Yo, It`s Me. That Cambodian Punk Rocker. Famous ASF in the Cambodian Hoooood.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic