Man Dies After King Cobra Snake Bite in Preah Vihear

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man Dies After King Cobra Snake Bite in Preah Vihear

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Preah Vihear): On June 8, 2020, a man named Yeam Tak, died after he was bitten by a king cobra in Salahn village, Sangkom Thmei district, Preah Vihear. The snake was 10kg and 3 meters in length.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Man Dies After King Cobra Snake Bite in Preah Vihear

Post by hanno »

I'd hate to cross a King Cobra that size. Shame they killed it though.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I've come across either two or three Kings in that part of Cambodia (I think I came across one big one on two occasions). Intimidating, but unlike them to strike unless you are agressing them strongly.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

RIP to the deceased. From the picture, it looks like they were playing with it. Kings bite and latch on. They chew for a minute pumping huge amounts of venom into their victim.
Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:09 pm I've come across either two or three Kings in that part of Cambodia (I think I came across one big one on two occasions). Intimidating, but unlike them to strike unless you are agressing them strongly.

You're fortunate, I've never seen one in the wild. You're right 100%, they bluff a lot. they always try to escape. And if you grab one by the tail it will turn around and bluff charge you until you jump back. Then they u-turn and try to flee again. Super intelligent reptile if not the most.

I thought I'd share. This guy is an idiot and was tagged with 1 fang a few months ago on camera. In this video, he catches one of the girthiest (fat!, mop) Kings I've ever seen
Last edited by Ravensnest on Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still here, in country...
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Ravensnest wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:53 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:09 pm I've come across either two or three Kings in that part of Cambodia (I think I came across one big one on two occasions). Intimidating, but unlike them to strike unless you are agressing them strongly.
You're fortunate, I've never seen one in the wild. You're right 100%, they bluff a lot. they always try to escape. And if you grab one by the tail it will turn around and bluff charge you until you jump back. Then they u-turn and try to flee again. Super intelligent reptile if not the most.

I thought I'd share. This guy is an idiot and was tagged with 1 fang a few months ago on camera. In this video, he catches one of the girthiest (fat!, mop) Kings I've ever seen
Woah, those guys are total fucking idiots!
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

People have such strange relationships with snakes. In the US we have a handful of snake handling religious leaders.

Revbo n Cambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Revbo n Cambo »

When I lived in a village out in the boondocks in Banteay Meanchey,
the weddings were always during the day and the men folk would normally
get quiet intoxicated, and be finished drinking and dancing around in a circle all together by 6pm ish, everyone then would start to make it back to their homes, for a couple more cans and turn in shortly before it got late.
I asked them, why they dont have the weddings in the afternoon and the after party in the evening so they wouldnt have to take the whole day off of work. They replied, to dangerous to have wedding party at night, no can see the snakes, very easy to step on them when u wander out for a piss,
they bite u die, made perfect sense to me then. I also killed 3 smaller cobras, a green tree viper, and seen a whole bunch of other snakes especially during rainy season, while i lived out there in that village. I dont like snakes and I consider myself somewhat a man of faith, but them snake handling church folks are simply PLAIN FREAKING BAT SHIT CRAZY.
Just my 2cents.
:beer:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Revbo n Cambo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:18 amI also killed 3 smaller cobras, a green tree viper,
Why?
Revbo n Cambo
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Revbo n Cambo »

WHY?
The snakes keeping coming up on to our deck areas, thus were a danger to my kids.
thanks, just my 2cents
:beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic