Whole Smart cellular network down today

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Mr.November
Expatriate
Poland

Whole Smart cellular network down today

Post by Mr.November »

Smart network is down - countrywide. I realised at around 1pm my phone doesn't work, calls to other numbers with Smart from my IP phone also don't get through. A message on Smart Facebook Page:
We are currently experiencing a problem with our fibre optic network at one of our main sites which is impacting calls, Internet access and our Smart apps (SmartNas and SmartLuy). Our technical team is working to restore the network as soon as possible. Meanwhile, please try to switch on/off airplane mode to attempt to reconnect to the network. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Must be painful for those who were in the middle of an online class or a video interview.