Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by ExPenhMan »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:07 pm
HANOI (REUTERS) - Vietnam plans to allow a resumption of flights to and from countries that have had no cases of coronavirus for 30 days
That's a very high bar.

What happens if one of the countries gets a case? Suspension of all flights and then another 30 days free to qualify? Airlines can't operate if their flights can just get pulled without notice and travellers won't be too keen either.
Absolutely unrealistic. No country is going to make it on the list. Someone ought to tell VN, NZ, TH and KH that SARS-COV 2 is here to stay for a few years at least.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^^^^

The next NZ election is 19 September

The next QLD state election (Australia) is 31 October

Oh, look at me, I eradicated the wuhan virus from from my state, country....how good am I? :facepalm:

Note to self: I'll worry about whether to stay in a bubble or open up again once I'm re-elected and back in office.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Vietnam’s largest island likely to welcome foreign tourists back
By Hoai Thu, Viet Tuan June 5, 2020 | 12:52 pm GMT+7
Deputy Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Trinh Thi Thuy said the tourism ministry has been working on a pilot plan to bring international tourists to select islands, with Phu Quoc among those considered.

The ministry has assigned the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism and Vietnam Tourism Association to work with Kien Giang authorities to bring foreign tourists to Phu Quoc, Vietnam's largest island off the Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang.

Thuy said though the islands are relatively isolated from the mainland, there are people living there and domestic tourists visit them, and so the risks of community transmission must be taken into account while allowing international visitors back. "Tougher measures should be taken to prevent another outbreak of Covid-19."

Vietnam has just 26 cases patients still undergoing treatment and has managed to avoid deaths. There has been no community transmission in the last 49 days.

The ministry is studying a plan to kick-start international tourism by reopening its doors to visitors from some select markets where the Covid-19 pandemic has been controlled such as Japan, South Korea and China and some high-spenders such as Australians and New Zealanders.
Full article: https://e.vnexpress.net/news/travel/pla ... 10765.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:57 pm ^^^^^

The next NZ election is 19 September

The next QLD state election (Australia) is 31 October

Oh, look at me, I eradicated the wuhan virus from from my state, country....how good am I? :facepalm:

Note to self: I'll worry about whether to stay in a bubble or open up again once I'm re-elected and back in office.
C'est la vie, Clutch - democracy, the will of the people...

It seems to work really well in Oz and NZ
unlike the broken, broke and failed states of UK, Europe and USA
:stir:

Look, i realise some of you don't like the lockdowns - but why do you have to put shit on those countries who freely and overwhelmingly support them - and where they have been so supremely successful.
With due respect - maybe focus on your own broken systems.
We have made our choice and it works for us.
:stir: again :mrgreen:

Maybe it is not such a bad thing that the globalists "free trade" and "free movement" agenda is reigned in a bit?
"The Ekomony" as it stands is just not working for most countries. Maybe it is a good thing for countries to close borders for a while and work out how they can be a bit more self reliant. ??
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I opened this thread hoping for info about getting back to Cambodia not politics
Any updates on airports allowing transiting?
Qantas flight advertising for August maybe I'll use my credit voucher
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

atst wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:17 am I opened this thread hoping for info about getting back to Cambodia not politics
Any updates on airports allowing transiting?
Qantas flight advertising for August maybe I'll use my credit voucher
Bad news for you. New restrictions on arrivals in Cambodia make it unlikely that normal flight service to Cambodia will restart anytime soon.
Read this thread: the-road/foreigner-quarantine-arrival-p ... 38723.html
However, TIC, so don't lose heart. They may change their policy again next month.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

well it seems Thai airlines is assuming the world will be open August 1st

THAI AIRWAYS
New schedule, set to begin August 1. Fingers crossed.
Bangkok-Auckland: Three weekly from 03-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Beijing Capital: Twice weekly from 02-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Brisbane: Three weekly from 02-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Delhi: Daily from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Denpasar: Three weekly from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Dhaka: Five weekly from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Guangzhou: Twice weekly from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Hanoi: Daily from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Ho Chi Minh City: Daily from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Hong Kong: Daily from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Islamabad: Four weekly from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Jakarta: Three weekly from 03-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Karachi: Four weekly from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur: Five weekly from 02-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Lahore: Four weekly from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Manila: Four weekly from 02-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Melbourne: Five weekly from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Nagoya: Three weekly from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Osaka Kansai: Three weekly from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Perth: Three weekly from 02-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Phnom Penh: Daily from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Seoul Incheon: Six weekly from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Shanghai Pudong: Twice weekly from 02-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Singapore: Four weekly from 02-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Sydney: Five weekly from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Taipei Taoyuan: Daily from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Tokyo Haneda: Four weekly from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Tokyo Narita: Four weekly from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Vientiane: Daily from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok-Yangon: Daily from 01-Aug-2020
Bangkok – London Heathrow service will be reintroduced 1 August with a daily 777-300ER.
Bangkok-Paris: The airline has now postponed the launch from 17 July to 1 August offering three weekly flights using a 777-300ER.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Just received an AirAsia email outlining new hygiene practices for future travel with them as well as possible routes opening up.
We began selected domestic flights in Malaysia on 29 April, in Thailand on 1 May and in India on 25 May. We hope to resume flights in the Philippines, Indonesia and Japan too, soon.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Transiting through Taipei is still no go. Told to check back in July sometime for a possible end date, maybe.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

well it seems Thai airlines is assuming the world will be open August 1st

THAI AIRWAYS
New schedule, set to begin August 1. Fingers crossed.

Bangkok-Auckland: Three weekly from 03-Aug-2020
Going by recent reports in NZ and Australian news, this seems very unlikely to me. NZ are still discussing opening up to Australians in a bubble. They are also talking about allowing travel between NZ and some Pacific islands with no covid cases. They are not issuing visas for tourists. There will still be 14-day mandatory quarantine. So 3 flights a week from Bangkok to Auckland in August seems like wishful thinking to me. As for Australia, some of the borders between the states are still closed.

However, I guess this means that Thailand will be open for business on 1 August then.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic