Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by BklynBoy »

atst wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:46 am Looking like Pattaya holiday plans on hold again , back to plan A straight to PP whenever
when reading this it reminded me of an episode of "Curb your enthusiasm"... about the word "appreciate"

I’ve nearly eliminated the word “appreciate” from my vocabulary after watching this episode. It’s something we already knew, perhaps subconsciously, and a way we have chosen to manipulate others, by throwing this word around when it works out best for us — often for selfish reasons.

“People seem to think that if they use the word ‘appreciate’ the seas part for them,” Larry tells Jon Hamm, who gets a kick out of this observation.

But it’s true! Throwing around the word “appreciate” causes people to feel guilty or at least an overinflated sense of self-worth when they agree to help you with a request. I would appreciate if we all stopped doing this to each other — though I do appreciate Larry for pointing this out.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:38 pm Does anyone know what the situation in Malaysia is? I read they opened up for business a month ago.

What is the likelihood off KL opening up for transit soon?
Malaysia just announced on Sunday it is reopening the country, but alas, the borders will remain closed for now. Best to read all the details in this Reuters report.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... 3E08N?il=0
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:34 am
Doc67 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:38 pm Does anyone know what the situation in Malaysia is? I read they opened up for business a month ago.

Malaysia just announced on Sunday it is reopening the country, but alas, the borders will remain closed for now. Best to read all the details in this Reuters report.

and with that goes my option to travel to Penang for a 1 year non o visa for thailand. Guess will need use my 2nd option and go thru an agent for the 1 year extension. :cry:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

If their "normalisation phase" includes international travel/transit, then nothing before 31st of August.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

If these BLM protests (mass gatherings) don't spike the COVID-19 cases it will be very hard for governments to justify the restrictions of free movement.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:21 pm

If their "normalisation phase" includes international travel/transit, then nothing before 31st of August.
Negative COVID-19 test before boarding aircraft and test on arrival at destination is the obvious next step IMO.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:29 pm If these BLM protests (mass gatherings) don't spike the COVID-19 cases it will be very hard for governments to justify the restrictions of free movement.
Testing labs are working at full capacity already. Besides, protestors are young and slim, they won’t have more than a few sneezes.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

BREAKING NEWS
Vietnam plans to resume flights to some coronavirus-free countries
REUTERS
Published
2 hours ago
HANOI (REUTERS) - Vietnam plans to allow a resumption of flights to and from countries that have had no cases of coronavirus for 30 days, state media cited the prime minister as saying on Tuesday (June 9), with priority destinations including Japan, South Korea and Cambodia.

In the comments broadcast by Vietnam Television (VTV), Mr Nguyen Xuan Phuc did not specify whether inbound travellers from these places would be subject to a quarantine programme in place since mid March.

Vietnam has contained its tally of infections from Covid-19 to a relatively low 332 and reported no deaths. Tens of thousands of incoming travellers have been put in quarantine.

"Vietnam is looking to resume international flights with countries that have registered no new Covid-19 cases in 30 days but the resumption needs to be extremely cautious considering the complexity of the pandemic," VTV quoted Prime Minister Phuc as saying.

The National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control had been asked to draft a list of "safe" countries, the prime minister said.

He did not say whether countries or airlines had been consulted, but said destinations such as Guangzhou in China, Tokyo, Seoul, Taiwan, Laos and Cambodia were among the priority routes to reopen.
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-as ... -countries
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Sir Stephen
Expatriate
France

Post by Sir Stephen »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:53 pm Vietnam plans to allow a resumption of flights to and from countries that have had no cases of coronavirus for 30 days
Wait 29 day and can let New Zealand people in :bow: :D
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

HANOI (REUTERS) - Vietnam plans to allow a resumption of flights to and from countries that have had no cases of coronavirus for 30 days
That's a very high bar.

What happens if one of the countries gets a case? Suspension of all flights and then another 30 days free to qualify? Airlines can't operate if their flights can just get pulled without notice and travellers won't be too keen either.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic