Where to buy phone battery?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AM34
Expatriate

Where to buy phone battery?

Post by AM34 »

I have an LG brand phone from North America. I need to purchase a new battery for it, but can't seem to find one in town:
-Tried LG store on Monivong, don't stock and won't order
-Looked around Depo market on 215
-Got a fixer to check at Khlang Romsev Market

Any other suggestions? It's available from AliExpress, but unclear if they're shipping to Cambodia now.

Thanks gang!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Where to buy phone battery?

Post by explorer »

I would ask where the LG repair center is.

If no luck, there are many shops which change phone batteries. Some might order one in. There will most likely be one in Thailand, they can get in.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
jimpson
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jimpson »

The LG shop on Monivong is not the best place for an LG phone battery.
Check on Google for the LG Service Centre which is a bit out of central Phnom Penh but I do not have the address handy.
when I needed a battery they told me that the battery I needed was not shipped to Cambodia but they found an alternative that suited.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Sending lithium batteries on their own is very difficult due to the Dangerous Goods regulations. If they are in a phone or in the original packing with the phone it's not that much of a hassle, but on their own is generally a no-no
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic