Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Doc67 »

If Thailand throws it's doors open and Cambodia are still playing silly buggers, I can feel a trip to Pattaya coming on in early July. Once Cambodia relaxes it's entry rules you are then only a one hour hop to home.

A month in Pattaya is looking pretty good right now...
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:46 pm If Thailand throws it's doors open and Cambodia are still playing silly buggers, I can feel a trip to Pattaya coming on in early July. Once Cambodia relaxes it's entry rules you are then only a one hour hop to home.

Unless you are currently in Thailand, I think it's very unlikely that you will be able to travel to Pattaya in July - as a tourist. I might be wrong, but that will probably take quite a bit longer. It might also depend on the COVID-19 situation in the country you're traveling from, your passport country, or both.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:46 pm If Thailand throws it's doors open and Cambodia are still playing silly buggers, I can feel a trip to Pattaya coming on in early July. Once Cambodia relaxes it's entry rules you are then only a one hour hop to home.

my take, dont expect tourists to be traveling to Thailand till August. Thye first need bring all the thai's home
than those holding Non O visa/extensions ( married,retired)
ONLY question than is will they still require $100,000 insurance, Covid free certificate and 14 day quarantine

But Sri Lanka is not that far from Cambodia an its a really beautiful place.

Sri Lanka Tourism ready to welcome tourists from 1st Aug 2020
Who can visit?
All nationalities are welcome and all types of travellers whether groups, families, individuals.

What are the visa procedures?
All travelers will require a valid visa; this will be issued for 30 days and extendable for up to 6 months after arrival. Online visa at http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/

Information required for visa application
Booking details at Certified Accommodation
Itinerary in Sri Lanka
Return ticket
Proof of medical insurance

Pre departure Covid-19 PCR testing
A negative PCR test is required prior to boarding your flight and on arrival in Sri Lanka. The test should be no older than 72 hours prior to boarding.
http://www.travelvoice.lk/sri-lanka-tou ... mUA7ZPlhSg
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Seven more airports opened for domestic flights
Jun 06. 2020
By THE NATION
The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has added seven airports to the list of airports that are allowed to reopen for domestic flights, effective from Saturday (June 6).

CAAT director-general Chula Sukmanop announced on Friday (June 5) that the seven airports include Tak, Trad, Nakhon Ratchasima, Narathiwat, Pai, Phetchabun and Sukhothai.

“The CAAT decided to open these airports in compliance with the government’s easing of lockdown measures to tackle Covid-19,” he said. “The opening hours of these airports will be restricted to between 6am and 8pm.”

According to CAAT list, airports that are open for domestic flights are: Khon Kaen, Chumphon, Tak, Trad, Trang, Nakhon Phanom, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Nan Nakhon, Narathiwat, Buri Ram, Pai, Phitsanulok, Phetchabun, Phrae, Mae Sot, Mae Hong Son, Ranong, Roi Et, Loei, Lampang, Sakon Nakhon, Sukhothai, Udon Thani and Ubon Ratchathani.

The following airports are open for domestic and international flights: Krabi, Chiang Mai, Don Mueang, Mae Fah Luang Chiang Rai, Samui, Suvarnabhumi, Surat Thani, Hat Yai, Hua Hin and U-Tapao.
https://www.nationthailand.com/news/303 ... l_referral
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

I'm stuck in Bangkok, at the moment. But will take the bullet train/bus/tuktuk to Pattaya, if . . .

There are two scenarios in Thailand:

1. Bars and restaurants go full tilt on June 15.

2. Bars and restaurants go full tilt the week of June 29.

There was a Bangkok Post story a few days ago saying everything will reopen July 1. Well, the decision will come this week.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

OK, be calm. Don't crap your pants! :stir:

Largely useless story just out in Pattaya Mail, except for top couple of paragraphs:

Headline: Thailand ‘State of Emergency’ may be extended
BANGKOK – The state of emergency may be extended while schools and airports will reopen and there will be long holidays next month, according to Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam.

“It is possible to extend the imposition of the emergency decree. It is being considered. The choice is to either extend or end it. However, measures will be reduced. For example, the curfew will be lifted and crowd gathering will be allowed. The emergency decree may remain in effect for the sake of swift solutions,” Mr Wissanu said.

https://www.pattayamail.com/coronavirus ... ded-303225
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Not looking good Doc, Maybe Skegness.........

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/thaila ... als-302708

:cry:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Did you see this no holiday in Pattaya in July
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

O FFs, I have a flight booked for the end of July, What a complete fuck up.......... :cry: :cry:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

DaveG wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:34 pm O FFs, I have a flight booked for the end of July, What a complete fuck up.......... :cry: :cry:
To Thailand?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic