CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Khmer-American Eric Pen is World Boxing Association (WBA) Asia Heavyweight

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

June 5, 2020
Eric Pen: Cambodian-American boxer is making waves in Asia
Eric Pen remains undefeated in his professional career. Supplied

Cambodian-American boxer Eric Pieroun Pen is making waves on the Asian boxing scene with his dominating performances and undefeated run on the ring. Pen currently holds the World Boxing Association (WBA) Asia Heavyweight title. In his professional career, he has won six bouts against tough and much more experienced boxers from Indonesia, Thailand and South Korea. Pen also had a short stint as a professional kickboxer/Muay Thai fighter and wrestled while in high school. In this Q&A with Khmer Times Deputy Sports Editor Jose Rodriguez T. Senase, Pen, who is currently based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, reveals interesting information about his upbringing, early interest in American football, toughest bouts and opponents, moving to Asia, the feeling that comes from representing Cambodia and his future plans as a professional boxer.

KT: Please tell us about your background.

Eric Pen: I am Khmer-American. I was born on August 6, 1992 and raised in San Jose, California. My parents are Cambodians, who were originally came from Kampot province before moving to the United States. American football was my main sport before I went into boxing. I started boxing without much of an amateur career. I just rolled the dice and tested my luck and went straight into the Pros.

KT: When did you start boxing and what influenced you to take that path?

Eric Pen: I started boxing in 2014 just for fun and to keep in shape. When I was younger, I used to box with my friends in our backyard. I think that’s the time when I started to have an interest and later on chose boxing as a career. When I started boxing, my coaches and teammates always kept telling me that I should go into competitive boxing. It took a while for me to make a decision towards that direction. But I am here now.
More: https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50730686/e ... s-in-asia/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram