update for visa - USA to Cambo

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: update for visa - USA to Cambo

Post by BklynBoy »

i noticed that.. omg that would be crazy to wait like that. Unfortunately i can only go in august. so will have to tough it out. Hope they got some kinks sorted out in the system by then but definitely see your point. thanks tho

I didnt realize that those convoluted flight combinations are only options for some... damn
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Rtrac
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Rtrac »

Great discussion: has helped me tremendously!

My situation: April 2020 Trip canceled (was to spend 1st Khmer New Year with my Khmer wife and family). Rescheduled to July 2020: now also canceled as Americans can only get a business, diplomatic, or official visa from the Washington DC Cambodian Embassy; Also Singapore Airlines flights have not yet resumed from my home town to SIN to PP.

I have rescheduled my flight with Singapore airlines to December 25, 2020: I figure if 3 months isn't enough time to sort things out, maybe 6 months can do the job? We shall see...

Again thanks for the great discussion. Really helpful for gathering information / ideas but also for moral support.
Much appreciated!
Rtrac
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Marriage is a legitimate reason for getting an EB Visa extension. Should be able to get an official or business visa based on that. I’ll look into it a bit more this weekend. And if the visa is good for 6 months, things should be back to normal by then.

Especially the currently mandatory 14 day either government or self quarantine. Of course I’ll miss the embassy interview by then, but that’s how the virus goes.

EVA cancelled my flights from Phnom Penh to Taipei. I couldn’t stand the Singapore Airlines US to Manchester 10 hrs, then Manchester to Singapore (12-14 hrs), then Singapore to Phnom Penh (2 hrs). EVA goes straight to Taipei for 16 hrs, then Taipei to Phnom Penh for 3-4 hrs.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Update: Business Visa based on marriage can be applied for at Royal Cambodian Embassy in Washington, DC.

Of course the 14 day quarantine still applies. Either self - if everyone tests negative after 24 hrs in the airport, or government mandated location if one person tests positive. As does requiring a test result 72 hrs before flying and the $50,0000 in travel health insurance.

But I believe that the visa is good for 6 months. So much can change in that time.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

visa is good for 30 days, u than need apply for an extension.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

phuketrichard wrote:visa is good for 30 days, u than need apply for an extension.
I know that a visa allows me to stay in the country for 30 days. The question is, once I get the visa, how long do I have to use it? I heard rumors somewhere that it is good for 6 months before it expires.

Anyone can confirm or deny?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:43 am
phuketrichard wrote:visa is good for 30 days, u than need apply for an extension.
I know that a visa allows me to stay in the country for 30 days. The question is, once I get the visa, how long do I have to use it? I heard rumors somewhere that it is good for 6 months before it expires.

3 months....not 6.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:43 am

3 months....not 6.
Thanks!

I plan a lot better now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic