Cambodia’s Weird Citizenship by Investment Program. (Video)

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Cambodia’s Weird Citizenship by Investment Program. (Video)

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

June 3, 2020

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Cambodia’s Weird Citizenship by Investment Program. (Video)

Post by Anchor Moy »

Yes, Cambodia is "weird". I didn't know that the price of a Cambodian passport is now $250,000 (according to the video man), but nothing would surprise me. You can also get ripped off by corrupt real estate agents, and then petition the PM on social media and see if you get citizenship for "free".
This is the KOW after all. :pirat:
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

Article 4, section 10 clearly lists the required investment at 1.25 billion KHR, which is $303.4K USD at today's exchange rates. Put that figure aside for the moment.

That done, you still have to pay "facilitation fees" to get the signatures you need, and getting the final one that will send it to the King for the Royal Proclamation is extremely expensive. Several years back, this final signature was going for $30K. No idea what they will charge for it today, but you are going to have a good agent for negotiation as I don't think it is the free for all it once was. The law was abused by too many people for a while.

The real process, of course, involves never actually investing the $300K, and just getting signatures saying you invested the $300K. He is correct that the price for this used to be around $50K, so I believe him that the price today is around $250K. But mind you, none of that $250K would be going towards the legal investment above. That would simply be the facilitation fees you are required to pay, and those would presumably adjust up/down slightly based on whether or not you actually met the legal basis for citizenship as well.

I don't find the process "weird" at all. I find it basically following the same pattern as every other type of license/document you need in the KoW. It is just one of the more expensive documents you might want.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Many/most countries have investor visas that have a clear path to citizenship.
Aust, UK and USA included.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Didn't actually say anything about how to go about getting it, just what he thought the price was and here's my book to buy
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic