I pulled a woman out of a car wreck this morning.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: I pulled a woman out of a car wreck this morning.

Post by yongchi »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:38 pm KFH - you did the right thing.

If you waited and then car burned and exploded, then you’d be second guessing yourself forever.

Bravo!
I second that.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Hard call, really.
Do, or wait?

Maybe (and I’m in no way criticising) a mix of both? If there’s obvious imminent danger, then act. If there isn’t, then assess and observe, and know what YOU will do if the situation develops, and you need to act.

Sometimes, the hardest thing to do is to do nothing. In reality, it’s a perception that others have, while you might actually be very busy thinking about the situation. Time passes differently for everyone involved. We call it ‘sitting on your hands’, while we assess. It’s a hard thing to do for folk who are predisposed to acting.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Well done and hope you are ok as well as it can be quite unsettling having to do what you did
Have a beer or two this afternoon to congratulate yourself,
lucky for that lady your stuck in Australia
:beer3:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

That's a scary situation, and one I hope I never find myself in. Well done man, good on you.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

The mind acted in a way it hadn't before. Once the brain established what had taken place, and then decided to act, the grey matter instantly flashed a series of uncomfortable images that may be awaiting, offering some kind of prelude in preparedness. I've found it an interesting experience.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:18 am The mind acted in a way it hadn't before. Once the brain established what had taken place, and then decided to act, the grey matter instantly flashed a series of uncomfortable images that may be awaiting, offering some kind of prelude in preparedness. I've found it an interesting experience.

The first sign of PTSD . Remember your in Australia now so go cry on a doctors shoulder and you should be able to make a claim for stress treatment in the way of free massages , home help and financial compensation . Also remember to get your friends to inform the local police and tell them you want to be recommended as the hero of 2020 so you can get a medal you so rightly deserve.

This is the reason we have a nanny state, so make use of it or we will lose it. :stir:
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

pczz wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:58 pm
John Bingham wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:49 pm
pczz wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:20 pm
Ok, I am goin got get flamed for saying this but i am sick of Khmer murdering inccocent people by driving dangeroulsy or drunk, and they do not learn from the experience. When questioned they will tell you its "up to Buddha" if they have an accident or not. In this case i would probably have given her the benefit of the doubt, but if she was drunk i would have left her for buddha to take care of, same as she would have done for anyone she hit
You are going to get flamed for jumping to conclusions. She wasn't Khmer and it's extremely unlikely she was Buddhist. :roll:
So where was she from then? what religion was she?
So according to the OP she may have been thaia. Last time i looked they were buddhist and their driving practices are not much different to Cambodia
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic