Life-altering benefits enjoyed by expats in Asia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Life-altering benefits enjoyed by expats in Asia

Post by hunter8 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:05 pm LOL. Because it's lazy and stereotyped, as well as being inaccurate. That's why. ;-)

Here's more from same article - western schools are :
Stereotypes are product of most common behaviors, thus i can’t find fault with that particular excerpt on men and women.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:49 pm I love Asia too, thats why I'm here, but FFS, this article is crappy:
Asian expat life for men vs women

Asian women are pretty, petite, and comfortable in a feminine role. For single Western men, Asia can be a paradise of women more than willing to pamper them. Most know how to cook and are happy to play the role of a traditional woman.

With money, old, retired white men have their choice of young women to look after them. In exchange, the young lady counts on money for the present and also her future.
Sure, it's fucking nonsense and shows the author spent little or no time in Asia. What are Asian women? Mongolians? Pakistanis? Even if he means this region women come in many shapes and personalities. The myth of demure, obedient women who know their place in the home is just that - a myth. I suspect the author spent some time in girlie bars and decided that was typical behavior for hundreds of millions of other women in Asia. Old retired men have a very limited choice - the vast majority of young women wouldn't be seen dead with one.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Tarndog wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:14 pm
Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:16 pm
Not bothered by clothes or vehicles but as it goes vehicles wise at home I didn't own anything at all and here I own 2 mopeds purchased brand new out the showroom. On a buy one get one free deal.

👍
I'd like that deal for myself. Do tell!
I live in Laos. It's a Kolao bike which is like driving a washing machine. I went into the shop looking to spend $700. Walked out with 2 motorbikes, his and hers style, for $450! The offer has ended now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic