11Yo Boy Arrested Selling Meth in Takeo

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

11Yo Boy Arrested Selling Meth in Takeo

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Takeo): On May 31, 2020, at 2:20 pm, the Department of Anti-drug collaborated with the Royal Gendarmerie, led by lieutenant Nget Chanthy, the commander, in an operation against drug trafficking coordinated by Mr. Cheiv Chandara, the Takeo prosecutor.
As a result, an 11-year-old schoolboy, R**** H****, was arrested. The police confiscated 45 packs of methamphetamine (ICE) weighing a total of 30.42 grams, some packing equipment, and a phone.
According to the prosecutor's permission, the suspect was sent home to his parents to be educated because he is a minor, and the case has been submitted to the court.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Re: 11Yo Boy Arrested Selling Meth in Takeo

Post by crob »

> the suspect was sent home to his parents to be educated because he is a minor

so a step lower to this.

Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Well I sure wouldnt sell that poison. But the kid has initiative and knows what people are buying. Reeducate the kid to sell legit needs and wants for society. Some day he might have his own pharmacy or Lexus dealership.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Marty wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:27 pm Well I sure wouldnt sell that poison. But the kid has initiative and knows what people are buying.
I'd guess he's working for someone older.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Well at least hes got a job. Hes a mini kingpin with that little haul. I say send him to pharmacy school.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

I'm not in the cool people club so I don't know drug prices Is 30 grams worth a lot? Someone trusting an 11 year old with $5 worth of drugs or $5,000 worth?

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I don't think anyone in their right mind would assume that an 11yo selling crack is doing it of his own free will, but just out of curiosity, does Cambodia have an age of criminal responsibility?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

lostjeremy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:35 pm I'm not in the cool people club so I don't know drug prices Is 30 grams worth a lot? Someone trusting an 11 year old with $5 worth of drugs or $5,000 worth?

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

I am not an ice head, so I dunno, but it would not be particularly cheap.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

xandreu wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:52 pm I don't think anyone in their right mind would assume that an 11yo selling crack is doing it of his own free will, but just out of curiosity, does Cambodia have an age of criminal responsibility?
Have a read of this...

https://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/yo ... w-due-year
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

Yeah, most likely the only reeducation he will get is on where to stash his drugs so he doesn't get caught again. There is no way his guardians don't know what's going on! That is seriously f***ed up if they sent him home to be dealt with.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic