Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by Kammekor »

All you day dreamers dreaming about coming to Cambodia really confuse me.

I understand it's boring down there, but what are you thinking? Can Cambodians come to your place, even if they have a visa? World travel has come to grinding halt, and everyone thinking it will blossom like before in days, or weeks, needs a serious reality check.

Cambodia keeps discovering new cases on inbound flights, and with all the borders closed the Big Boys in Cambodia are pretty scared about this new virus. At this time, if they contract it, they can't run for Singapore or the Bumrungrad to get the best health care money can buy. They will be in the local hospital receiving the local excellent care. That's why the government of Cambodia will be very careful for much longer. They have to care about their rich friends.

Even if you have a valid visa, even if you have a COVID-19 test, even if you have insurance, the borders are still closed for you. Only way you can enter if you have a Cambodian passport and even then you will be tested and possibly quarantined for 14 days in a local high school.

Stop day dreaming.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

We have covid free test, have insurance, have valid visa, why cannot I or others return home to Cambodia to our wives, girlfriends, children, Cambodia is our home it's where we live.
Many are stuck overseas with no place to live , sleeping at friends places trying not to interrupt their lives and be a nuisance to them.
:please:
And yes Cambodian can come to our country if it's their home and resident
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

atst wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:59 pm We have covid free test, have insurance, have valid visa, why cannot I or others return home to Cambodia to our wives, girlfriends, children, Cambodia is our home it's where we live.
Many are stuck overseas with no place to live , sleeping at friends places trying not to interrupt their lives and be a nuisance to them.
:please:
That sucks.

But it is what it is.

You apparently left, and didn't return in time. Again, that sucks, but it is what is, And it will last for a while longer.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

atst wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:59 pm
And yes Cambodian can come to our country if it's their home and resident
You can come to Cambodia if you have a Cambodian passport. I seriously doubt a Cambodian can come to Europe now without a valid European passport. My wife for sure isn't allowed in now, despite having all the documents and having the legal right to enter. But Corona has made governments bin all kinds of laws, worldwide.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

atst wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:59 pm why cannot I or others return home to Cambodia to our wives, girlfriends, children, Cambodia is our home it's where we live.
i empathize, but cambodia should do what's best for cambodians

you have a wife and a girlfriend?
you've integrated well

monstra mihi bona!
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Bully for any dude that has wife, girlfriend, and children in Cambodia.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Phnom Poon wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:40 pm
atst wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:59 pm why cannot I or others return home to Cambodia to our wives, girlfriends, children, Cambodia is our home it's where we live.
i empathize, but cambodia should do what's best for cambodians

you have a wife and a girlfriend?
you've integrated well
I wrote"I or others" but carry on.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

i empathize, but cambodia should do what's best for Cambodians
It's not Cambodia stopping me from returning to Cambodia it's the fact there are no flights from Australia as all airports are shut for transiting.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

atst wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:19 am
i empathize, but cambodia should do what's best for Cambodians
It's not Cambodia stopping me from returning to Cambodia it's the fact there are no flights from Australia as all airports are shut for transiting.

Dont let it get you down. As I have said before, turn that disadvantage into your advantage cause you may never get this opportunity ever again.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Rtrac
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Rtrac »

I have a Khmer wife who is waiting for an interview to enter the USA. Due the Corona Virus, I have been separated from my family. I understand the need to restrict travel. But, I think was is infuriating about Cambodia is, they remove restrictions to travel however make it impossible to do so by not currently processing Visas for foreigners (exception is diplomats and other officials). It is inconsistent and illogical. This Corona Virus situation will be with us for years to come. We need to operate differently. It requires a consistent and logical approach. If the goal is to eliminate Foreigners from entry, then do so. If you will allow some to enter but have them follow special requirements, then do so. This is in between with no clear information on when or if the visa processing will be allowed to resume is insufferable. All I ask is that these governments inform us as to what is going on. Not knowing what is happening and when / why / how ? is the greater harm to me and my family. We are suffering unnecessarily by this dis-coordinated approach.

My 2 scents ...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic