VISA ADVICE PLEASE

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
d.rivers
Tourist

Re: VISA ADVICE PLEASE

Post by d.rivers »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:50 pm Even if the visa "falls off", the stamps are still there and the page is considered used. Whilst you may get away with this, it is not guaranteed and not worth the risk.

You are not planning on coming until August or September, I am sure you will be able to get a new passport by then.

Let's be honest - it is stupid and irresponsible to even consider travelling outside of your home country with only 2 blank pages remaining in your passport. Use a bit of common sense, wait until you can get a new passport before travelling abroad. :facepalm:
I logged in to ask a similar question - UK passport, 3 completely blank pages, 2 (less than) half used, a couple more not fully used if you flick back. It hasn't been possible to renew since I got back to the UK in March, and it still isn't. From what I hear, when they reopen there is going to be a massive backlog. I'm about to apply for a Thai ed visa. The application needs to be made now because it takes 2 - 3 months to process, and I understand it's tied to my current passport number - at the end of the process I have to take that specific passport to the consulate to pick up my visa. At that point I'll basically have 2 blank pages and 2 halves left. I was planning to come to Cambodia first, assuming they start issuing TVs again before Thailand opens up. I thought I could get an electronic visa and extend it if necessary, but I have no clue how the electronic visa system works (do they still put a physical visa in your pp when you come through?), or how many pages I'd have left when, say, I entered Thailand in October, having entered Cambodia in August and extended once or maybe twice. Can anyone fill me in?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: VISA ADVICE PLEASE

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

No full page sticker for e-Visas (electronic online Tourist Visa), just an entry stamp when you arrive/exitstamp when you depart. If you apply for an extension of stay of your e-Visa, which can only be done once, you receive a full page sticker.

Note: Currently e-Visas are suspended.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic