Plumbing problems

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: Plumbing problems

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 4:05 pm We had some leaks in the ceiling and the guys came in to do some repairs.

They located the problem, after cutting a hole in the ceiling, There is a manhole in the bathroom but that is blocked by the hot water system, so basically it's just a hole in the ceiling to access the hot water system.

Turns out, it just needed a funnel and a bit of pipe.

Ric suggested to the guy he cut a new manhole in the kitchen but that was a ridiculous notion- as IF he'd have to come back!

Except the next day.......

So, it turns out, the problem was the funnel. It just wasn't big enough.
PROBLEM SOLVED!

You'd never even know there was a problem!!!

http://aussieapsara.blogspot.co.za/2017 ... blems.html
I think you will find that the correct term is "access chamber" I was building a small extension on a house in the mid 80s.in Lambeth, one of the first places in London to get on board with the whole PC thing. The council building surveyor came round to inspect and mentioned access chamber several times and he could see i was confused, he then told me that manhole was not used anymore as it is sexist, he did wink when he told me.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Thank god for men with their solutions to problems eh?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I've got to remind myself to look at the original date on post then skip, before I get excited
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

This reminds me of something that happened many years ago when I was working as a maintenance fitter on a poultry farm (caged hens setup). Anyway we had this really temperamental machine that dropped eggs into the trays and it was very delicate lol.
Anyway, one of the ladies working the machine came to report a problem. So, me knowing what a pain in the ass it is to get it setup right trots off to go have a look.
I could see as soon as I got there that it was fucked and promptly told the lady working the machine the good news. Anyway the convo went like this....

Me: it’s fucked.
Lady: can’t you just say it’s broken!
Me: no. If it were broken I could fix it, if it were just knackered I would have a job fixing it. But that’s fucked.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic