Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

Went to the beach for a swim yesterday, yea i broke the law
thats just the way i roll LOL

Malls set to open for longer
.... the current curfew period of 11pm-4am would be shortened by one hour – from 11pm-3am – to help market traders who usually trade in the early hours, the source said.

The relaxation will also cover hair salons, beauty and massage parlours, the source said, adding that more than 50,000 massage parlours and about 200,000 massage therapists have been affected by the lockdown.

Other businesses and venues that will also be allowed to reopen include cinemas, gyms, zoos, convention and meeting venues, while opening hours of shopping malls will be extended from the current 8pm to 9pm, the source added.

The ban on entry into the country via all channels will remain in effect, the source added.
https://www.thephuketnews.com/malls-set ... z1He7u870I
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:34 pm
God'sGift wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:39 pm no bars, nightclubs etc ... is there actually any purpose for a sane person to visit Pattaya?
Didn't the authorities years ago want to clean the place up from sex and debauchery and make it a family friendly tourist destination :stir:
yes, and this is probably the excuse they need to keep all the fun stuff closed permanently - just like in the West where Track and Trace will be the new 'normal' - screw that! If I want to live in a police state I'll just head on over and do some Tefl in Pyongyang or something.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Big news from Thailand.

This was published in the Bangkok Post mid-afternoon but no one including me and blogger Richard Barrow saw it until less than an hour ago.

Everything will open.

Headline: Complete end to lockdown on July 1.
The government has set July 1 for the lift of all business and activity lockdowns ordered earlier to cope with the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), said the National Security Council chief.

These include interprovincial and international travel, as well as the end of emergency decree and curfew.

NSC secretary-general Gen Somsak Rungsita said on Thursday that the lift of restrictions would be a complete reopening of the country. Officials would next month prepare measures for the reopening.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -on-july-1

PS Sounds crazy but no other Thai media have this story.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:34 pm
God'sGift wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:39 pm no bars, nightclubs etc ... is there actually any purpose for a sane person to visit Pattaya?
Didn't the authorities years ago want to clean the place up from sex and debauchery and make it a family friendly tourist destination :stir:
they say that but then they will see their bank book at the end of the year n change there mind... always though that it made more since to leave Pattaya as is and focuss on turning Phuket as a family focus holiday destination.
Bernie Bro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bernie Bro »

So now Cambodia, Vietnam, and Thailand have apparently come out and made the statement that Western tourists are welcome back again.

However, from what I can tell none of them have yet fully committed to this publicly.

Cambodia is still not issuing most visas.

Vietnam has said you get a 30 day stay with 14 days of it in quarantine. They haven't said if you can renew your visa in-country and they haven't clarified if the visas will be issued generally. It could possibly be for special traveller categories still.

Now Thailand has joined Vietnam in saying international travel will be allowed July 1st. They have said there will be new rules and laws in effect. And I don't think they've said much else! (I've read The Thaiger article but I haven't read the Bangkok Post article yet).

I'm expecting there to be more easing of conditions a little given the trend. They all had been talking like they were going to be closed until Spring 2021. Now this. Still there is a lot of uncertainty.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

The airline and tourism industry are real big players in SEAsia and will be putting a lot of pressure through lobbyists and through their contacts to get the place open. In the end it's the dollar's that make the decision....now all I got to worry about is getting flights out of Australia.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ExPenhMan wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:27 pm Big news from Thailand.

This was published in the Bangkok Post mid-afternoon but no one including me and blogger Richard Barrow saw it until less than an hour ago.

Everything will open.

The government has set July 1 for the lift of all business and activity lockdowns ordered earlier to cope with the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), said the National Security Council chief.

These include interprovincial and international travel, as well as the end of emergency decree and curfew.

NSC secretary-general Gen Somsak Rungsita said on Thursday that the lift of restrictions would be a complete reopening of the country. Officials would next month prepare measures for the reopening.

That looks like very good news, and likely Cambodia will follow suit. Watch that space....
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Doc67 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:10 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:27 pm Big news from Thailand.

Everything will open.

That looks like very good news, and likely Cambodia will follow suit. Watch that space....
Only good news if ur in thailand, doesn't mean fuck all for new tourists or even those on marriage or retirement extensions or on elite visas

Excerpts from the pattya news article
https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/29/f ... TqOO6xwNdM
Q. International travel? Is that the same thing as tourism?

A. No. This means they are aiming to likely end the current complete and utter ban on international flights coming inbound with exceptions such as repatriation of Thai nationals, cargo and medical flights. This ban is currently enforced by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand, or CAAT.

Q. But I heard, someone told me, this article said, my airline is selling flights, I have a wild and special exception, I have lived in Thailand for thirty years, I could come in from July First etc…

A. Airlines will always sell tickets for several reasons but this doesn’t guarantee that the flight will come in or certainly that you will be able to meet the likely requirements listed above. As for special exceptions, highly unlikely but one can always speak to their local embassy.

Q. What about elite, retirement, education, marriage, family, etc?

A. Unfortunately at this point it appears very unlikely these are opened up as early as July. Of course, this could change, but the priority appears to be work permit holders and diplomats. The government has certainly heard the growing number of voices of foreigners begging the government to come back in, primarily those married or apart from their family who normally call Thailand a primary residence. It is unclear, but unlikely, if special exceptions will start to take place. None of this will happen until the top priority, Thai nationals being repatriated from overseas, are brought back first.

Q. What about land borders? Can I fly in to Cambodia, etc if they allow it and pass through a land border to Thailand?

A. All border countries have special disease zone classifications meant to make border restrictions and crossings more difficult and under more stringent rules. There are moves being made for nationals of these border countries, like Myanmar, to allow in foreign workers but you would need to be a Myanmar national and have a work permit and proof of employment. Short answer is that land borders are currently closed to entry.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

LUCKY FUCKERS!!!!
Pattaya beaches reopen from Monday
PATTAYA: Pattaya will reopen its beaches and the popular offshore destination of Koh Lan from Monday (June 1) as it eases its lockdown in line with the decline in local coronavirus infections nationwide.

The reopening includes beaches in neighbouring Jomtien.
https://www.thephuketnews.com/pattaya-b ... RyXLW8rZL0
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:24 pm LUCKY FUCKERS!!!!
Who? There is nobody there, except some extinct turtles that lay eggs or was it another place lol
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic