You need to fix your Microsoft Account

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: You need to fix your Microsoft Account

Post by samrong01 »

I have a new Dell computer with a legitimate Windows 10 and also get the message every day. It seemed to start when I closed my Microsoft account. Microsoft does not like people without accounts running Windows.
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

I did google and YouTube it...and was not able to find a solution. I am running a pirated copy of Windows on a locally purchased computer.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Wait, they're ending support for Windows 10 already???

Citing the impact of 'the public health situation' on customers, Microsoft is going to continue to issue security updates for some flavors of Windows 10 1709 for six additional months.

Microsoft's planned end of support cut-off date for Windows 10 1709 was going to be on April 14. But, on March 19, the company began notifying customers that it had pushed that date back to October 13 for those running Enterprise, Education and IoT versions of the product.

Support for Windows 10 1709 Home, Pro, Pro Education, and Pro Workstations Editions already ended on April 9, 2019.

Enterprise and Education variants Windows 10 1803, which became broadly available on April 30, 2018, are slated to exit support on Nov. 10, 2020 at this point.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft ... -versions/
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

Marty wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:52 pm Linux Mint. Everything works and never any horseshit messages like that.
asus have just released a laptop running on linux

no more spying no more hijacking my computer when im busy to update more spyware

called Swift 3, magic ssd paid $550 never going back to gates and his bs
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Good. There are maybe 50 different Lunuxes. Is that even a word? Reseach a little because there are any number of them you can put on your machine depending the specifics of what you want, besides greater security. Happy Linuxing!
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Robins »

I've had excellent luck with eBay software. Notice most of the sellers are from the EU? The court of justice of the EU ruled the sale of used software is legal. That software is legit. Then there's the satisfaction that comes from screwing an American çorporation as an added bonus.
fred_stone
Tourist
United States of America

Post by fred_stone »

I use Ubuntu for my needs. It has a huge support group and everything has worked for me.

But yes. Ditch the microcrap and move to a virus free OS
Marty wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:25 pm Good. There are maybe 50 different Lunuxes. Is that even a word? Reseach a little because there are any number of them you can put on your machine depending the specifics of what you want, besides greater security. Happy Linuxing!
mpgvaoc
Tourist
United States of America

Post by mpgvaoc »

I hope you've already sorted out your Microsoft account and Bluetooth device issues, but if not feel free to reach out
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

mpgvaoc wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:55 pm I hope you've already sorted out your Microsoft account and Bluetooth device issues, but if not feel free to reach out
i figure in the past 3 years he got it sorted :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:48 am Wait, they're ending support for Windows 10 already???

Citing the impact of 'the public health situation' on customers, Microsoft is going to continue to issue security updates for some flavors of Windows 10 1709 for six additional months.

Microsoft's planned end of support cut-off date for Windows 10 1709 was going to be on April 14. But, on March 19, the company began notifying customers that it had pushed that date back to October 13 for those running Enterprise, Education and IoT versions of the product.

Support for Windows 10 1709 Home, Pro, Pro Education, and Pro Workstations Editions already ended on April 9, 2019.

Enterprise and Education variants Windows 10 1803, which became broadly available on April 30, 2018, are slated to exit support on Nov. 10, 2020 at this point.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft ... -versions/
No, they will stop support for version 1709 which is the 2020 version of the system., There have been five updates since which they still support.
If you bought a machine in 2020 and never updated the WIN10 version you might be vulnerable. The current version of WIN10 is 22H2 and there are updates every month if you want.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic