Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by atst »

atst wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:12 pm Yesterday I nearly booked a flight to PP with Singapore airlines but thought I'd wait a day or two, today I look no Singapore airlines flights at all.
Saved myself a voucher
My flight above was for July but now nothing with Singapore airlines till August, bet that's going to change soon.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

atst wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:12 am
atst wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:12 pm Yesterday I nearly booked a flight to PP with Singapore airlines but thought I'd wait a day or two, today I look no Singapore airlines flights at all.
Saved myself a voucher
My flight above was for July but now nothing with Singapore airlines till August, bet that's going to change soon.
my flight is w/ Singapore Airlines on Aug 4th. As of june 2nd, transiting resumes thru Changi Airport-- We will see but think that means more flights opening up which means I HOPE the visa situation would change in cambodia
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

Most airlines are basically doing a scam job of advertising flights,getting the money in then cancelling the flight and giving vouchers,which may or may not be worth the paper they are printed on.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Tourism Minister Thong Khon and Australian Ambassador to Cambodia Pablo Chiho Kang discuss direct flights connecting the two countries. Ministry of Tourism

Chhut Bunthoeun
May 28, 2020

Australia urged to get direct flight links off the ground

The Ministry of Tourism has called on the Australian government to speed up work on direct flights between the countries, hoping to promote more tourist arrivals from Australia to the Kingdom.

The plan was discussed in bilateral talks this week between Tourism Minister Thong Khon and Australian Ambassador to Cambodia Pablo Chiho Kang, during which they exchanged insights into tourist arrivals to start post-COVID-19.

Currently, there are no direct flights between Australia and Cambodia, with passengers having to transit commonly in Singapore, Bangkok or Hong Kong.

“We believe that having direct flights between the two countries will certainly encourage the number of Australian tourists. Tourist arrivals from the country to Cambodia have seen a remarkable increase in recent years,” he said. The Kingdom welcomed 6.6 million foreign tourists last year, of which 123,253 were Australian, a 3 percent hike over the year before.

full https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50727795/a ... he-ground/
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

seems the Cambodian goverment is really looking for a pipe dream
direct flights from the us
direct flights from Australia

why? PP will Never Ever be a regional hub like Bangkok, KL and Singapore.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

I don't see direct flight between Australia and Cambodia ever being profitable, makes more since to make sure airlines like Air Asia are consistently running cheaply into n out of cambodia
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

No free stuff if traveling in Australia's NT unlike good old third world Cambodia

People arriving in the Northern Territory from interstate will no longer have to undergo 14 days of mandatory hotel quarantine from June 15, a requirement which cost travellers $2,500.
"Arrivals from interstate will be able to choose their own quarantine arrangements, as long as it is appropriate within the guidelines directed by the Chief Health Officer — whether it is in their own home, in private accommodation or in commercial accommodation at their own cost," Mr Gunner said.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:25 pm seems the Cambodian goverment is really looking for a pipe dream
direct flights from the us
direct flights from Australia

why? PP will Never Ever be a regional hub like Bangkok, KL and Singapore.
Hey their not upgrading the air port for nothing lets hope it comes true.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

crob wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:48 pm I don't see direct flight between Australia and Cambodia ever being profitable, makes more since to make sure airlines like Air Asia are consistently running cheaply into n out of cambodia
I don't think they're talking about Pochentong, but future times, when the multi billion airport in the Iron Man's back garden is finished.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:24 am Image
Tourism Minister Thong Khon and Australian Ambassador to Cambodia Pablo Chiho Kang discuss direct flights connecting the two countries. Ministry of Tourism

Chhut Bunthoeun
May 28, 2020

Australia urged to get direct flight links off the ground

The Ministry of Tourism has called on the Australian government to speed up work on direct flights between the countries, hoping to promote more tourist arrivals from Australia to the Kingdom.

The plan was discussed in bilateral talks this week between Tourism Minister Thong Khon and Australian Ambassador to Cambodia Pablo Chiho Kang, during which they exchanged insights into tourist arrivals to start post-COVID-19.

Currently, there are no direct flights between Australia and Cambodia, with passengers having to transit commonly in Singapore, Bangkok or Hong Kong.

“We believe that having direct flights between the two countries will certainly encourage the number of Australian tourists. Tourist arrivals from the country to Cambodia have seen a remarkable increase in recent years,” he said. The Kingdom welcomed 6.6 million foreign tourists last year, of which 123,253 were Australian, a 3 percent hike over the year before.

full https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50727795/a ... he-ground/
Perhaps Australia should ease the tourist visa restrictions to encourage more Cambodians to visit also
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic