Vietnam – New E Visas for 80 Countries

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Vietnam – New E Visas for 80 Countries

Post by phuketrichard »

Mark ur calendar....
Citizens from 80 countries will be allowed to get an e-visa from July 1, the government said in a resolution signed on Monday.

The 79/NQ-CP resolution was issued in line with the Law on Foreigners’ Entry Into, Exit From, Transit Through and Residence in Vietnam.

The 80 countries include Austria, Poland, Belgium, Portugal, the UAE, Germany, India, South Korea, the U.S., Italy, Finland, France, China, Brazil, Canada, Russia, the UK, Japan, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Norway, and more.

he resolution also details eight airports, 16 land border gates, and 13 sea border gates where foreigners can enter and exit Vietnam with an e-visa.

The eight airports are Noi Bai in Hanoi, Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City, Cam Ranh in Khanh Hoa Province, Da Nang in the namesake city, Cat Bi in Hai Phong, Can Tho in the eponymous city, Phu Quoc in Kien Giang Province, and Phu Bai in Thua Thien-Hue Province.

The 16 land border gates include Tay Trang in Dien Bien Province, Mong Cai in Quang Ninh Province, Huu Nghi in Lang Son Province, Lao Cai in the namesake province, Na Meo in Thanh Hoa Province, Nam Can in Nghe An Province, Cau Treo in Ha Tinh Province, Cha Lo in Quang Binh Province, La Lay and Lao Bao in Quang Tri Province, Bo Y in Kon Tum Province, Moc Bai and Xa Mat in Tay Ninh Province, Tinh Bien and Song Tien in An Giang Province, and Ha Tien in Kien Giang Province.
https://www.thegtrider.com/vietnam-new- ... zedKXC4PyM
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Vietnam – New E Visas for 80 Countries

Post by hunter8 »

Good. So no more visa support letters.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Further info

Anyone entering Vietnam must undergo medical checks and 14-day quarantine upon arrival.

All foreigners who entered Vietnam after March 1 on visa exemptions, e-visas or tourism visas will be given automatic stay extensions at no charge until June 30, 2020.

The e-Visa is valid for 30 days, and single entry only. The e-Visa costs 25 USD for card payments. It requires three full working days to process.

What is the requirement for Vietnam e-Visa?
*A passport with six (6) months’ validity
*A photo in .jpg format of your full passport data page
*A passport photo in .jpg format (4×6, white background, without glasses)
*A valid international credit or debit card
*An email address for support purposes
*A temporary address within Vietnam
*Your entry and exit dates and entry and exit points/airports

full https://vietnaminsider.vn/vietnam-to-gr ... -july-1st/
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

That's good news. The big question is if they will allow you to extend in-country. I won't quarantine for 14 days if I can only stay 30 days altogether, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

If they allow me to stay 2-3 months AND to quarantine at a hotel (not at a shabby government facility), I will come. I will be working from home anyway, so I could use a change of scenery.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Alex wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:55 pm That's good news. The big question is if they will allow you to extend in-country. I won't quarantine for 14 days if I can only stay 30 days altogether, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

If they allow me to stay 2-3 months AND to quarantine at a hotel (not at a shabby government facility), I will come. I will be working from home anyway, so I could use a change of scenery.
Just keep in mind there's still more details to come before July 1 when new visa rules come into force. Example is the revised 90-day tourist visa which must be renewed with a residence stamp every 30 days. Cost $10 at your local Im Office.There could be changes to the new implementations, good or bad, on tourist and business visas. I'm hoping the 90-day tourist visa going to be a bit looser or somehow better.

The changes were passed by VN's national assembly last November.
Bernie Bro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bernie Bro »

Hopefully after this news Cambodia will tell us that we're now allowed in the country and we can get a visa. Not just we're now allowed in the country and we need a visa, but they're not giving out any tourist or business visas.

Do people applying for that Vietnam e-visa that don't have an address in the country just use a hostel or hotel address? Do you need to have reservations there already? Is it allowed to use a temporary accommodation address?

I completely didn't expect this this fast! Though after the unexpected lifting of the 6 country ban by Cambodia I was suspicious. There has been a lot of buzz in media about tourism restarting in Europe and Mexico. I suspect domestic tourism and 'air bubbles' between 2 or 3 countries hasn't quite given the boost that a lot of countries we're hoping for. Or at least it's realized that come opening time it won't. Chinese and South Korean tourists cannot by themselves at all replace a pre-coronavirus bustling world full of tourism.
Bernie Bro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bernie Bro »

Yes, it would be senseless for most people to quarantine for half of their 30 day visit. Hopefully visits can be extended for longer.

This is from the Vnexpress International website article:
Vietnam to Resume e-visa Issuance to 80 Countries,
from 1 day ago
-----

"This is an initial step showing Vietnam is planning to open up again, said Nguyen Duc Chi, a tourism expert, adding that for the policy to fully manifest, there has to be resumption of flight routes as well, apart from other things.

"Who the e-visa would be issued to - diplomats, investors or tourists, would have to be reaffirmed," he said.

-----

The US Embassy in Vietnam website has an update from today stating that the general entry restrictions are still in effect and haven't been lifted. I'm hoping that the VN government will come out and say that these e-visas will be for tourists and general travel (and can be extended without more isolation), instead of something much more narrow than that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic