Advice for Tourists: An Impartial, Unpaid, Non Traffic Building Restaurant Review: BBQ Beef Sticks in Siem Reap

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Advice for Tourists: An Impartial, Unpaid, Non Traffic Building Restaurant Review: BBQ Beef Sticks in Siem Reap

Post by IraHayes »

No mention of the quality of the beef. Was it meat or gristle? Would be an obvious point to cover.

PS this was my first thought when this was posted but by the tome i returned to add my 2p worth to the discussion i took one look at the thread and didn't bother.
Maybe create an "America: Fuck Yeah!" Thread is asinine forum and move all OT posts there.

And this is coming from an Americanphile.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Advice for Tourists: An Impartial, Unpaid, Non Traffic Building Restaurant Review: BBQ Beef Sticks in Siem Reap

Post by BklynBoy »

fazur wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:11 am edited, the general nailed them already

thank you

there are a few nations that are considered arrogant

its no use getting angry over it and gung ho on the internet

if i argue with one person it may be anyones fault

but if everybody is arguing with me, its more and more likely i could be in the wrong

change ur behaviour and the perception will change

ask yourself WHY
--
That reminds me of the roommate theory--- something like if one keeps complaining how they have bad roommates... maybe they need to check themselves.. they are the bad roommate..
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

IraHayes wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:38 am No mention of the quality of the beef. Was it meat or gristle? Would be an obvious point to cover.

PS this was my first thought when this was posted but by the tome i returned to add my 2p worth to the discussion i took one look at the thread and didn't bother.
Maybe create an "America: Fuck Yeah!" Thread is asinine forum and move all OT posts there.

And this is coming from an Americanphile.
My wife used to cook and sell these beef kebab things with baguettes and salad in front of our house a few years back. They aren't too bad, except as you say, the meat is gristley. I would complain about the big chunks of gristle, but my wife assured me that that was how Khmers liked it.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

I just got back from BBQ Beef Sticks. I'm definitely a fan. It is indeed $1.50 for 4-5 small meat kebabs, a mini baguette, and a small bowl of shredded picked salad stuff. Being from the US, I got two orders, so I was out the door for $3 and a couple thousand riel for tip. Can't beat it. It's all tasty and the people are friendly. I'll probably go back for dinner again in the next few days.

As for the quality of meat, I'm not convinced it's beef. I think it might be pork. But, thank god, it isn't that gristly shit. It's tender, eatable, grilled meat.

Would recommend.

Thanks again for the recommendation, WildA!
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic