Best place to go swimming around Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Best place to go swimming around Phnom Penh

Post by angkorjohn2 »

fazur wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:39 am
Foreigner wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:38 am
angkorjohn2 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:56 pm Villa Grange is open on 244. Hardly olympic sized if you want it purely for swimming, but good food and cheap beer and I think free to use if you get some drinks. Others hotels etc I would check in advance. There is a pretty good list here although some may be out of date
https://www.realestate.com.kh/guides/gu ... hnom-Penh/
I 'saved' the owner/manageress's daughter there when she got her bracelet trapped under the water !

She wasn't in any real immediate danger tbh as it was the shallow end but was getting upset enough for the woman on duty to tell me there was a problem and ask me to help.

Luckily I was there to do my standard save the day routine.
i had a chinese woman start shouting at me at PPSC one day then i realised she was in trouble and pulled her out

stupid cow cant swim but climbed into the deep end of the pool
I once was at the Cambodiana and two teenage Khmers got in to do lengths. The girl was a strong swimmer but something in the boy's head switched when he passed into the deep end and he panicked and went under. I had to do my best impression of Mitch Buchannon to get him out and get the water he had swallowed out. Lucky I was there as I don't think any of the other Khmers could swim and his sister wouldn't have had the strength to drag him out. It is a very deep pool at its greatest over 2m. They should have stuck to the Himawari

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

cambo swa wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:55 am
Doc67 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:15 pm What is the point of closing pools? The water is full of chorine, the virus is not going to survive in that is it? If this big can happily float on swimming pool water and still remain active, then we are all doomed...
One would have to totally ignore that they were in Cambodia to suggest that the chlorine and pH levels of these pools were tested and kept at proper levels on a daily basis, especially considering the water temperature.
Anywhere big that has a pool gets it serviced by technicians and cleaned every day by staff. Some of these places are owned by locals, some by foreigners - but most have the means. Suggesting that all the pools are neglected just because we are in Cambodia seems a bit misconceived.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Kuroneko wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:34 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:59 pm
Kuroneko wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:28 pm Pools are closed at the moment because of covd 19
That's tough. Pools are open everywhere else AFAIK (ie. Siem Reap, Kampot, SHV ). Are the PP pools also closed to hotel residents or just outsiders ?
The pool at my condo is closed for everyone as is the gym. All Gyms and fitness centres were closed from 6 April as my pool closed also I assumed pools were included. If anyone has more info on PP please post.
lots of gyms in Thailand and Cambodia are now open,
ill quickly do a search on my facebook friends to find the name of the gyms for you in PP
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:05 am
Kuroneko wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:28 pm Pools are closed at the moment because of covd 19
That's tough. Pools are open everywhere else AFAIK (ie. Siem Reap, Kampot, SHV ). Are the PP pools also closed to hotel residents or just outsiders ?
The pool at my condo is closed for everyone as is the gym. All Gyms and fitness centres were closed from 6 April as my pool closed also I assumed pools were included. If anyone has more info on PP please post.
ill quickly do a search on my facebook friends to find the name of the gyms for you in PP
one of my mates been going to the gym and pool at "himawari hotel apartments" for the past few weeks on riverside, posts pictures from there all the time
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:10 am
one of my mates been going to the gym and pool at "himawari hotel apartments" for the past few weeks on riverside, posts pictures from there all the time
I would be interested to know how that gym is looking now. They were having an extensive refit which I didn't realize had been completed. I do like the Himawari pool but the gym was always too small to justify the memebership fee.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:59 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:10 am
I would be interested to know how that gym is looking now. They were having an extensive refit which I didn't realize had been completed. I do like the Himawari pool but the gym was always too small to justify the memebership fee.
hes put on facebook today that hes back at his regular gym now at "One&Fit" gym https://www.facebook.com/pages/Onefit/1 ... t&fref=tag
@Kuroneko
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

It's been a while, but I like the pool and atmosphere at 3 Mangos, on Street 360.

Not for lap swimming but a great place to swim and hang out eating and drinking all day.

I think they had a $5 minimum tab for each person and you can swim for free.

3 Mangos Guesthouse
No.28, Street 360, Beoung Keng Kang I, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
+855 17 776 212
https://maps.app.goo.gl/G6sepVCBeXfhaLtr6
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:22 am It's been a while, but I like the pool and atmosphere at 3 Mangos, on Street 360.

Not for lap swimming but a great place to swim and hang out eating and drinking all day.

I think they had a $5 minimum tab for each person and you can swim for free.

3 Mangos Guesthouse
No.28, Street 360, Beoung Keng Kang I, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
+855 17 776 212
https://maps.app.goo.gl/G6sepVCBeXfhaLtr6
Good place for a few beers, but I think the pool was crowded when I went. Didn’t bother me as I was just drinking anyway
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Also 3 Mangos -> order the Chicken Schnitzel Burger
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic