Child Protection Unit Checks Phnom Penh Bars for Underage Workers

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Child Protection Unit Checks Phnom Penh Bars for Underage Workers

Post by Brody »

Good on them. :thumb:

They should also post photos from their checks of Karaoke joints and beer gardens.....they did check there also, didn't they? Would be quite negligent if they didn't.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Brody wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:45 pm Good on them. :thumb:

They should also post photos from their checks of Karaoke joints and beer gardens.....they did check there also, didn't they? Would be quite negligent if they didn't.
But aren't they supposed to be closed ? :?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:48 pm

Ok, be that as it may......I'll hold my question for their next fund raising photo news piece.....I hope their canvassing also regularly includes karaoke parlors and beer gardens, (AKA, notorious Khmer style pick-up joints / knocking shops) :thumb:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Brody wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:09 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:48 pm

Ok, be that as it may......I'll hold my question for their next fund raising photo news piece.....I hope their canvassing also regularly includes karaoke parlors and beer gardens, (AKA, notorious Khmer style pick-up joints / knocking shops) :thumb:
I don't know if they are really closed or not, but see what you mean. In any case, I'm all for checking out all the places of perdition and making sure that they don't have minors working there.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I would have thought this incident less than 12 mths ago would have alerted a few patrons...post358724.html?hilit=bunny%20bar#p358724

Edit: albeit probably the news didn't go out much further than hostess bars
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic