Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by yong »

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-e ... d-of-june/

Thailand extends state of emergency until end of June
May 22, 2020

Pedestrians walk on the main street of Chinatown after the Thai government relaxed measures to combat the spread of the COVID-19 novel coronavirus, in Bangkok on May 21, 2020. – Thailand continued easing restrictions related to the COVID-19 novel coronavirus on May 17 by allowing various businesses to reopen, but warned that the stricter measures would be re-imposed should cases increase again. (Photo by Mladen ANTONOV / AFP)

Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has endorsed the proposal of the National Security Council to extend the country’s current state of emergency until the end of June, as the country recorded no new infections or fatalities today.

CCSA spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin said at the daily news briefing that the CCSA meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, agreed with the extension of the emergency decree on the grounds of health security, citing the need for the special law to ensure the unified and speedy operations of all agencies concerned in the collective fight against the deadly virus.

He explained that the Communicable Disease Control Act, although empowering officials to adopt measures to curb the spread of infectious diseases, is not enough to cover all necessary preventive aspects.

Another reason for the extension of the emergency decree, said Dr. Taweesin, is that, as Thailand is approaching the third and fourth phases of the relaxation of lockdown restrictions, on business activities which are regarded as being at a higher risk of disease transmission, it is necessary to ensure a balance between vigilance and the easing restrictions in a way which will not lead to a second wave of infections.

Dr. Taweesin said the third reason cited by the CCSA for the extension is that Thailand is still at risk from the contagion,because it is still spreading in many other countries, and a workable vaccine is still at least a year away.

“We are not out of danger yet. We are in the second phase of lockdown relaxation. If we do not have the emergency decree, what will happen?” he asked, as he insisted that the special law is just one of the tools invoked to curb the spread of the virus.

He hinted, however, that the next CCSA meeting will discuss the 11pm-4am curfew, which may be further relaxed to provide greater freedom of movement for working people.

According to the CCSA, accumulated infections in Thailand are 3,037, with 2,910 recoveries, 56 fatalities and 71 still in hospital.

Dr. Taweesin did, however, say that there are two suspected cases awaiting test results. They are returnees from Egypt and India who are currently in state quarantine.

Between May 8th and May 21st, there were 15 infections among those in state quarantine after returning from abroad.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

thinking of traveling to Thailand,
my suggestion
WAIT and its not going to happen anytime soon

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news- ... eDO6Ir94Uw
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:01 pm thinking of traveling to Thailand,
my suggestion
They seem persistant in talking about the “new normal”. Well, there is nothing normal about it. They won’t see many tourists if they insist and enforce this “new normal”. Tourists will go to the countries that restore the “old normal” or should i leave out the “old” as redundant.

Thailand had a head start of decades on the other tourist destinations but not any more. Yes, they got a better infrastructure but tourists will not want to be tracked like criminals and would rather go to countries that will operate more or less freely as before. There will be some for sure. The “new normal” is all about totalitarian control, even Chinese tourists will not like that treatment. No amount of Thai entertainments can change this fact, if they even allow those entertainments to open.
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:01 pm thinking of traveling to Thailand,
my suggestion

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news- ... eDO6Ir94Uw
The only bit of the subtitles I understood is that people will need an onward ticket.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

hunter8 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:49 pm
my suggestion
They seem persistant in talking about the “new normal”. Well, there is nothing normal about it. They won’t see many tourists if they insist and enforce this “new normal”. Tourists will go to the countries that restore the “old normal” or should i leave out the “old” as redundant.

Thailand had a head start of decades on the other tourist destinations but not any more. Yes, they got a better infrastructure but tourists will not want to be tracked like criminals and would rather go to countries that will operate more or less freely as before. There will be some for sure. The “new normal” is all about totalitarian control, even Chinese tourists will not like that treatment. No amount of Thai entertainments can change this fact, if they even allow those entertainments to open.
Spot on and rhere is definately something going on over and above Covid induced restrictions. Saw it again yesterdsy, a coule of bus loads of military/poloce personal parked up at a hotel along Jomtien beach road, There have been related vehicles coming and going on at that hotel for the last couple of weeks and a high securitg presence in the forecourt
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

hate to say this, but at the moment
take away the great food, fantastic resorts, the great beaches, endless activities on land and water
the nightlife, the perceived freedom

Thailand is almost ....................boring
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

The opening up is starting globally. Countries that are too cautious may miss out.

Here's Spain (28,752 coronavirus deaths), as an example:

"Spain has urged foreign tourists to return from July as one of Europe's strictest lockdowns eases, with streets gradually filling again and some pupils returning to school.

The world's second-most visited nation closed its doors and beaches in March to handle the COVID-19 pandemic, but has seen out the worst and plans to lift a 14-day quarantine requirement on overseas arrivals within weeks."

Spain to welcome foreign tourists in July
Spain's tourism minister has urged foreigners to plan summer vacations in his country from July when coronavirus lockdown measures will have greatly eased.
https://www.news.com.au/world/breaking- ... 4cda4e1b67

M&M in Thailand screwing things up as usual.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Longhaul12
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Longhaul12 »

Thailand is definitely becoming a less and less attractive option. I was denied boarding a Thai airways flight from Vientiane in January for not having 20,000 baht cash and an onward flight. Mind you have flown with them form Aus 4-5 times previously and this was never requested. Safe to say won’t be using them again.

With these new requirements I think I’ll be going elsewhere. Not keen to jump through their hoops! I think many others may take a similar line
Longhaul12
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Longhaul12 »

Thailand is definitely becoming a less and less attractive option. I was denied boarding a Thai airways flight from Vientiane in January for not having 20,000 baht cash and an onward flight. Mind you have flown with them form Aus 4-5 times previously and this was never requested. Safe to say won’t be using them again.

With these new requirements I think I’ll be going elsewhere. Not keen to jump through their hoops! I think many others may take a similar line
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Longhaul12 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:33 pm Thailand is definitely becoming a less and less attractive option. I was denied boarding a Thai airways flight from Vientiane in January for not having 20,000 baht cash and an onward flight. Mind you have flown with them form Aus 4-5 times previously and this was never requested. Safe to say won’t be using them again.

less and less attractive for who? Before the virus, 99.999999% of the 35 million +visitors had zero problems

This has been on the books for years and is seldom enforced UNLESS you have had to many thai free visa exempt entries and tourist visas and they suspect your working or you were dressed like a pig

so tell us what it was :stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic