Verdict of Accidental Death After 36YO Drowns in Bathroom

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Verdict of Accidental Death After 36YO Drowns in Bathroom

Post by Brody »

fazur wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:55 am my humble apologies.

i thought admin was administering this site, not you?
No need to apologize......just the view of one concerned forum member.

Of course I can't "admin" your behavior.....if I could I'd ban your hacky ass. :thumb:

Take a hint brother........or haven't you noticed the large number of your posts that are mod-edited because they are off topic?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Verdict of Accidental Death After 36YO Drowns in Bathroom

Post by Clutch Cargo »

fazur wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:55 am
Brody wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:51 amHey fazur, ever hear of quality over quantity? Your inane post bombing is becoming annoying. Do you really have that much to say.......about everything on every topic? :thumb:
my humble apologies.

are there quotas now, like limits on starting wars?

silly me.
Brody wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:37 pm
fazur wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:55 am my humble apologies.

No need to apologize......just the view of one concerned forum member.

Of course I can't "admin" your behavior.....if I could I'd ban your hacky ass. :thumb:

Take a hint brother........or haven't you noticed the large number of your posts that are mod-edited because they are off topic?
I might take this opportunity to jump in and make a few points re the above.

Of course there's no quota or limit on how many posts a member can make however, the aim is to have worthwhile/contributing posts. Other posts that are off topic, pointless, trolling and generally 'posting for the sake of posting' are not really helpful to encourage/enhance discussion and can often easily derail a good discussion or worse, end up in an argument.

Another factor to consider where a poster has a prolific posting style is the effect this can have on the community at large. Copious posting by one member that takes over a forum is not only tiresome but can lead to members being drowned out or disinterested and ultimately reduce participation. Arguably, that's unfair to other members if that is allowed to continue at the expense of others.

However as said earlier, this generally doesn't apply to worthwhile/contributing posts, rather, applies to pointless and off topic posts. So it's a balance between quality vs quantity.

Thank you to those members who are active on the forum and put in a lot of effort to contribute. There are some really good discussions out there..some serious, some light hearted, some helpful/informative and some purely fun. It's great to see. Having said that, appreciate it too if members could bear in mind the above points when posting. Admin doesn't like to censor or stifle discussion however there are times when we have to come in and strike a balance for the benefit of the overall community.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic