Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Taiwan to gradually open up country to foreign tourists starting Oct. 1
By Keoni Everington, Taiwan News, Staff Writer
2020/05/20 17:12

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — Taiwan is planning to gradually reopen transportation and tourism in three stages, the last of which will allow foreign tourists to visit the country in October, according to the Ministry of Transportation and Communications (MOTC).

As Taiwan has been able to bring its Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak under control, with no new imported cases in 13 days and zero local infections in 38 days, Transportation Minister Lin Chia-lung (林佳龍) at a press conference on Friday (May 15) announced a three-stage draft plan to relax epidemic prevention restrictions on transportation and travel. The third stage will allow foreign tourists to enter the country.

[CEO News notes: 1 October is only a projected possible date to allow foreign tourists, however, no firm date has been set yet.]
Due to the severity of the ongoing pandemic in much of the world, Lin said that opening the country to foreign tourists will be the last phase. The timeline currently planned for this is Oct. 1 to Dec. 31.
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3937453
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I have just been informed by Emirates my flight from PNH to BKK on July 12th has been cancelled.

It seems this is going to take a while longer. It's 50 days from now.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I am beginning to think that July is looking optimistic for a return to Cambodia.

The post about Taiwan not considering any tourism before October 1st is a worry, it may become the norm. It would be just in time for the Cambodian high season (and Thailand for that matter) and they may well calculate that all tourism is lost until then.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I just got an email from Philippines Airlines cancelling my Vancouver-Manila-Phnom Penh on 29th June. Canada is still closed and there is no PA flights to PP from Manilla so I am not sure what leg of the flight was the killer blow, but that looks like June is a no go and July now looks less likely.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Keep your hopes up July flights are advertising though Singapore no flights in June
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

Doc67 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:49 pm I just got an email from Philippines Airlines cancelling my Vancouver-Manila-Phnom Penh on 29th June. Canada is still closed and there is no PA flights to PP from Manilla so I am not sure what leg of the flight was the killer blow, but that looks like June is a no go and July now looks less likely.
You're in Canada ?? Thought you were stuck in Blighty ?
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:59 am Taiwan to gradually open up country to foreign tourists starting Oct. 1
By Keoni Everington, Taiwan News, Staff Writer
2020/05/20 17:12
Opens for 1 month and then the second wave unavoidably hits as any seasonal flu, what next? Crawl back into isolation and shut everything down again forever? If not shut everything down again forever, what was the point of shutting the first time?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Foreigner wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:28 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:49 pm I just got an email from Philippines Airlines cancelling my Vancouver-Manila-Phnom Penh on 29th June. Canada is still closed and there is no PA flights to PP from Manilla so I am not sure what leg of the flight was the killer blow, but that looks like June is a no go and July now looks less likely.
I am. But the Vancouver to PP flight was the return part of a South American trip I was in the middle of when this crapshow started. I rebooked it from March 26 to June 27th, very optimistically, and now they have cancelled that one as well. So now I have a credit from Vancouver to PP.
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

Doc67 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:26 pm
Foreigner wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:28 pm
I am. But the Vancouver to PP flight was the return part of a South American trip I was in the middle of when this crapshow started. I rebooked it from March 26 to June 27th, very optimistically, and now they have cancelled that one as well. So now I have a credit from Vancouver to PP.
Aha. Sorry about your trip. Good that you got some credit for another trip anyway.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Been looking at Manila airport but confused about whether or not you can transit though it, does anyone have any updates about Manila airport?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic