Drug Dealers arrested with Wads of 100,000 Riel Notes

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Drug Dealers arrested with Wads of 100,000 Riel Notes

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:55 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:57 pm

More to the point, it has been documented that at the present time meth is flooding SEA and that the prices are getting lower and lower, so replacing meth with something else doesn't really make sense.
I agree, we are close to the source and this fake "meths" thing is just fantasy. Drug dealers rely on repeat buyers and there won't be many of them if the product isn't up to par.

Maybe he means this?
lol all drugs are cut as they get passed down the food chain, no one sells pure gear, and when the prices they can sell the gear gets lower and lower, so will the quality of the drug,
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:05 pm

More to the point, it has been documented that at the present time meth is flooding SEA and that the prices are getting lower and lower, so replacing meth with something else doesn't really make sense.
I agree, we are close to the source and this fake "meths" thing is just fantasy. Drug dealers rely on repeat buyers and there won't be many of them if the product isn't up to par.
lol all drugs are cut as they get passed down the food chain, no one sells pure gear, and when the prices they can sell the gear gets lower and lower, so will the quality of the drug,
Of course drugs get adulterated but we aren't far from the source here and it's no simple matter to cut crystals, you can't just chop a kilo of mannitol in and hope the wholesale buyers don't notice.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:57 pm And btw, has anyone seen a 100,000 riel note ? I haven't. :(
I got some from a money changer once for paying my electricity bill. They are not very common but available. Usually the money changer gives me 50,000 riel notes.
Longhaul12
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Longhaul12 »

They’re keeping the good stuff for them self haha, need to do more homework brother, they are big rocks/crystals. Will get smashed and cut down before selling
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

You damn right. Those look just like the crystals in Breaking Bad.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

Maybe he means this?
And btw, has anyone seen a 100,000 riel note ? I haven't. :(

I got one once, and only had it for about an hour as I needed change. 8-)
whatever you want to belief because you know nothing about it. the reason I mention it is because by lumping it in in as ice and not treating it as a health issue theres going to be a lot of long term damage done to people that are uneducated on the subject just like yourself, that smoke or inject the stuff thinking it is ice. for example my neighbor, who was a US marine doctor, is dead because he injected some thinking it was ice. yes his fault, but avoidable if the stuff was legalized. take a look at videos of the effects of bathsalts, it does serious mental damage to people and yet is sold and smoked as ice here
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:28 am ]whatever you want to belief because you know nothing about it. the reason I mention it is because by lumping it in in as ice and not treating it as a health issue theres going to be a lot of long term damage done to people that are uneducated on the subject just like yourself, that smoke or inject the stuff thinking it is ice. for example my neighbor, who was a US marine doctor, is dead because he injected some thinking it was ice. yes his fault, but avoidable if the stuff was legalized. take a look at videos of the effects of bathsalts, it does serious mental damage to people and yet is sold and smoked as ice here
Drugs can be harmful? I don't believe you. You have to be trolling at this point & you've got to stop calling it 'meths'.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:08 pm because Ive had several gfs that were addicts
tim e to refine your data searches?
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

LIVIDZX wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:51 am
fsdfdsdf wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:28 am ]whatever you want to belief because you know nothing about it. the reason I mention it is because by lumping it in in as ice and not treating it as a health issue theres going to be a lot of long term damage done to people that are uneducated on the subject just like yourself, that smoke or inject the stuff thinking it is ice. for example my neighbor, who was a US marine doctor, is dead because he injected some thinking it was ice. yes his fault, but avoidable if the stuff was legalized. take a look at videos of the effects of bathsalts, it does serious mental damage to people and yet is sold and smoked as ice here
Drugs can be harmful? I don't believe you. You have to be trolling at this point & you've got to stop calling it 'meths'.
drugs are used to help people. also called "medicine". for better or worse many adults and children are prescribed amphetamines to help them concentrate and in third world countries people often use them to hold down multiple long hour jobs. poisons, on the other hand, kill people. there is quite a difference altho since Im having to spell it out it may be a little too subtle for you to understand.
I dont see where I mentioned "meths" in that quote so perhaps its you doing the trolling, or perhaps you are just confused?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic