Deesha and Damien Ashcroft, Australian Instagram Influencers, Run Out on Cambodian Wedding Billl

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
showme18
Tourist

Deesha and Damien Ashcroft, Australian Instagram Influencers, Run Out on Cambodian Wedding Billl

Post by showme18 »

Quite a bit of drama in the facebook group" Expats in Siem Reap" yesterday.

Instagram influencer couple Deesha Aschroft and Damien Ashcroft ignore and block local Cambodian owned business for outstanding payment of $200 for their wedding.

During the time of hiding (and not replying to the service provider), they posted no less than 20 Instagram images profiling their luxurious and well-financed lifestyle. Can't make this up...

Not a good look...
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Deesha and Damien Ashcroft, Australian Instagram Influencers, Run Out on Cambodian Wedding Billl

Post by Jerry Atrick »

"influencers" my arse.

He is dressed for court, she's not a bad looking trout though
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Deesha and Damien Ashcroft, Australian Instagram Influencers, Run Out on Cambodian Wedding Billl

Post by numacsys »

Shameless (shudder!)
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

i can see the wife being surprised and outraged in the future when cheap charlie doesnt pay child maintenance

Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Influencers deez nutz!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Looks like all the public attention worked, as Damien and Deesha Ashcroft have reportedly contacted the business and have made plans to pay them what they owe.

The OP beat me to the punch, as I had this all ready to go with the title 'Congrats to Damien & Deesha Ashcroft, But I Hope They Paid Their Catering Bill in Cambodia'

I would have assumed it was an honest mistake, but the business owner said they asked for the remaining payment several times, only to be blocked on Facebook and WhatsApp.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:03 am He is dressed for court
In a bow tie?
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Who are these two assholes anyway? Shes kind of hot though, if they need $200 I would be more than happy to discuss a business transaction.

In general, I do think that the social media method of shame on deadbeats beats having to send Vito over to collect.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

LIVIDZX wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:57 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:03 am He is dressed for court
In a bow tie?
only weirdos wear bowties.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic