Cambodia announced to ban entries of foreigners from Italy, Germany, Spain, France, and the US (Update: now lifted)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Bernie Bro
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cambodia announced to ban entries of foreigners from Italy, Germany, Spain, France, and the US (Update: now lifted)

Post by Bernie Bro »

It was a community testing site run by a university that has a few hospitals in the area. I probably could have gotten some paperwork---or still can---with a little bit of pushing for it and navigating their bureaucracy. I'll be researching options a lot more starting Monday. That should lead to less speculation and to more detail.

They gave me a phone number to call if I didn't hear from them. The next day they called me from that number and went through it all. Then a contact tracer from Public Health called me. Then a virologist called me from the university asking if I wanted to participate in a Hydroxychloroquine study/trial. I declined.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cambodia announced to ban entries of foreigners from Italy, Germany, Spain, France, and the US (Update: now lifted)

Post by WildA »

Bernie Bro wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:47 pm I'm up in the Pacific Northwest here. I haven't retested yet. The nursing homes are extremely screwed up right now (even more than usual, if one could manage to believe that). So I might not be going back to that line of work.

I'm confident I'll get a positive test. More worrisome is getting it in time, and getting the form. I didn't get any paperwork at all when I took the test. Currently I'm uninsured and I owe a good chunk of money to the health organization of my primary care doctor. I think the form would have to be a special request anyways because I don't think it's standard to give you any sort of documentation of your results. It's very difficult to get health care people (or anybody anywhere) to do any specific things for you in a specific way here in America. It's a truly, tragically awful place. It's miserable, hateful, ridiculously aggressive, dysfunctional, totally and completely ass-backwards and you cannot trust anybody or expect them to behave in a decent, reasonable way whatsoever. But I won't get into all that at the moment. Sorry if I'm not allowed to trash talk countries? I see it as a mild, objective description given the reality on the ground.

I'm too honest to get away with doing anything but giving straight forward paperwork. It would show. I'm bad at deceiving people. If the test comes up positive for some reason I'll try to reschedule my flight. Or better yet I will not schedule it until in get either the test, or the results. Same day, 15 minute results would be nice. I don't know if that kind of functionality is within reach of this country here though. I don't usually book flights or fly. So the added unfamiliarity there is another challenge.
Maybe America is an awful place because they got folks who fly to SE Asia instead of paying their medical bills?

Or as that how it works bro? you get sick and instead of paying your bills, go fly for a vacation and leave the bill for the capitalists. Then complain about the country that let you get away with it.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Bernie Bro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bernie Bro »

Well your critique doesn't follow for a number of reasons. I never said I wasn't going to pay it. And in fact I'd like to. Can I ask where you got the idea I wasn't going to pay it?

We should stay on topic so this thread doesn't turn into time-wasting scrolling downward for people that are looking for information or are interested in the discussion.

I live and breathe politics and social issues. In fact I'd love to discuss this with you in a way that's respectful towards other people using the forum. Can we do that in another thread?

You've put forth a theory that America might very well see significant improvement if I stay here and stay on top of all my medical costs in the u.s. healthcare system. And if other people in similar situations followed such courses of action. Let's discuss that in more depth.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Bernie Bro wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:28 am Well your critique doesn't follow for a number of reasons. I never said I wasn't going to pay it. And in fact I'd like to. Can I ask where you got the idea I wasn't going to pay it?

We should stay on topic so this thread doesn't turn into time-wasting scrolling downward for people that are looking for information or are interested in the discussion.

I live and breathe politics and social issues. In fact I'd love to discuss this with you in a way that's respectful towards other people using the forum. Can we do that in another thread?

You've put forth a theory that America might very well see significant improvement if I stay here and stay on top of all my medical costs in the u.s. healthcare system. And if other people in similar situations followed such courses of action. Let's discuss that in more depth.
Well then you shouldnt make snide, off topic, and bs political observations and not expect folks to hold their tongues.

But back on topic to anybody who knows, and simply because I am too lazy to relive the entire Great 2020 Chi-vi Crisis via a topic review, an ME visa is still good for a return if I blow out of here for a quick shopping trip in the USA is it not? Maybe like end of June to August?
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Well then you shouldnt make snide, off topic, and bs political observations
Good advice! Hope you will use it.
Very doubtful though.
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

any likelihood of being able to get Covid test on arrival at PP airport or Bangkok airport?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

God'sGift wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:09 pm any likelihood of being able to get Covid test on arrival at PP airport or Bangkok airport?
I think you will need provide proof of a negative result to board flights
also those results will be available on the dark net
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

nemo wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:04 pm
Well then you shouldnt make snide, off topic, and bs political observations
Good advice! Hope you will use it.
Very doubtful though.
I always do. Got anything interesting to add or an answer to my question, or are you just posturing to validate yourself in your little internet clique?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:43 am try the Cambodian embassy in Bangkok,see what thye say,
Get ur test and insurance in the states, fly to bangkok, AFTER ( hopefully) july 1st once airports open
get ANOTHER test if still required (6,500 baht) and visa an fly to PP

well checked for u... https://cambodiaembassyinthailand.wordp ... es/visa/t/
guess that is out
notice no dates
In order to reduce and contain the transmision of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and in line with the measures taken by ASEAN countries, the Royal Government of Cambodia has decided to impose the temporary entry restrictions into the Kingdom of Cambodia.
Suspension to:
1- Visa exemption policy
2-Issuance of Tourist Visa
3-e-Visa (Online visa)
4-Visa upon arrival
but u could try emailing them,but dont expect a reply

like i said thou, fuck all that an just wait till these requirements are trashed binned
That confirms nothing, those measures have been in place since March. The question is whether the Embassies are issuing E-type Visas in advance. Several reports indicate that the Cambodian Embassies in Sth Korea and China certainly are, I have recently emailed the embassy in Kuwait to find out whether they are, still waiting on a response. Guy reported being denied an E-type Visa in Advance a few days ago because he had no justification. Another guy has reported that he was informed by US Cambodian EMbassy that he can only apply for E-type Visa and needs to provide supporting documentation ie. Employment contract, business license, marriage certificate, etc.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

God'sGift wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:09 pm any likelihood of being able to get Covid test on arrival at PP airport or Bangkok airport?
Looks like you’re getting tested within 72 hours before flight departure, when you land in PP and on the 13th day of quarantine. I’m transiting through Seoul, where I will have to fill out a questionnaire and get a temperature check.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic