New form to keep track of foreigners in Kingdom- Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: New form to keep track of foreigners in Kingdom

Post by Clutch Cargo »

AndyKK wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:18 am
BR549 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:49 am I downloaded the app that is plainly for landlord or innkeeper and showed it to my new landlord.
I had my Khmer wife explain the July 1st...deadline and I needed to renew my extension in August.
I will keep reminding until I receive confirmation and their account number...It seems I must have this number with my passport at the travel agency.
Should not be a problem.
My landlord in Kampot did the same thing manually with a paper copy of my passport and visa...as every hotel I have ever stayed at was supposed to do over the years.
Remember when you had to bring fucking passport pics with you when you flew in from Bangkok?
That went away with the new cameras and the fingerprint scanners they have now.
This is the same upgrade...
BR549 that's why I put the above post, somehow westerners (expats) have taken it on themselves to do this on their own smartphones, so what is correct before the Kingdom of Wonder gets more wonder?
Yeah, I wonder that too. I guess we might not know for sure until a situation where an expat has self registered, the landlord hasn't by 1 July and that expat then seeks a visa extension.. I guess better to do both..yourself and the landlord.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:28 pm
BR549 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:49 am I downloaded the app that is plainly for landlord or innkeeper and showed it to my new landlord.
I had my Khmer wife explain the July 1st...deadline and I needed to renew my extension in August.
I will keep reminding until I receive confirmation and their account number...It seems I must have this number with my passport at the travel agency.
Should not be a problem.
My landlord in Kampot did the same thing manually with a paper copy of my passport and visa...as every hotel I have ever stayed at was supposed to do over the years.
Remember when you had to bring fucking passport pics with you when you flew in from Bangkok?
BR549 that's why I put the above post, somehow westerners (expats) have taken it on themselves to do this on their own smartphones, so what is correct before the Kingdom of Wonder gets more wonder?
Yeah, I wonder that too. I guess we might not know for sure until a situation where an expat has self registered, the landlord hasn't by 1 July and that expat then seeks a visa extension.. I guess better to do both..yourself and the landlord.
There lay the problem. it seems to be the landlord who has to do this, but do it yourself and your sure, or are you! Will it be excepted by the authorities if you do it? It is an absolute ridiculous thing to have been placed in someone's hands of your possible fate. It makes me wonder if there is something more deep at hand.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

AndyKK wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:40 am
Should not be a problem.
There lay the problem. it seems to be the landlord who has to do this, but do it yourself and your sure, or are you! Will it be excepted by the authorities if you do it? It is an absolute ridiculous thing to have been placed in someone's hands of your possible fate. It makes me wonder if there is something more deep at hand.
This is exactly the same method in Thailand,
Landlords are expected to file a TM 30 whenever someone stays in their condo, apt, home
BUT they dont, then its the farang that has to do it, as if he doesn't, he is fined 2,000 baht and cant get anything done at immigration unless his tm 30 is up to date

another way to make a few $$
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:49 am
AndyKK wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:40 am
Should not be a problem.
This is exactly the same method in Thailand,
Landlords are expected to file a TM 30 whenever someone stays in their condo, apt, home
BUT they dont, then its the farang that has to do it, as if he doesn't, he is fined 2,000 baht and cant get anything done at immigration unless his tm 30 is up to date

another way to make a few $$
But difference here is they state no fine, but if not on time no next visa.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:26 pm wow, another route thailand took, ( an they cancelled the tm 28) now Cambodia follows

Does it apply for the homeless??
Possibly so if someone was not placed on the register, it sounds like lockup but no fine, deportation, then homeless. This down to someone you pay monthly rent to, whom may not like you and find this is easier then telling you to leave their premises.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

FCPS check

Post by fazur »

landlord assures me he has registered me on fcps

i signed a new lease contract with him, pretty sure he has registered

however...if he messes up, i will not be able to renew my visa

is there any way for me to check that he did it right and im on the system?

thanks
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: FCPS check

Post by IraHayes »

fazur wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:56 pm landlord assures me he has registered me on fcps

i signed a new lease contract with him, pretty sure he has registered

however...if he messes up, i will not be able to renew my visa

is there any way for me to check that he did it right and im on the system?

thanks
Not sure and it was for this reason I got my landlord to come round yesterday with his phone and national ID card and I did it all for her on my iPad as she watched. We went through all the registration details and on scanning her ID card it filled in all her details. We entered both apartments and I had her confirm the village number for us though my wife knew it already we double checked it with her. I scanned my mothers passport and put in her visa details but as my passport is away for a new visa I told her I would add it as soon as it came back.

She left happy and from what I saw all I have to do is update the check-out as we renew our visas.

If you want a job done properly, do it yourself.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I tried to register, and it failed. Can you only do it if the passport is showing in the country with immigration? My visa runs out in 4 weeks, and the Cambodian embassy in the UK are not answering the phones.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

IraHayes wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:15 pmIf you want a job done properly, do it yourself.
yes, unless neither of you speak the other's language.

maybe i can check in my sankgat office?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Stop worrying... Barely any landlords are aware of it, they'll back track a bit on this later on and extend the date. Worrying Debby...

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic