What's my moto worth?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: What's my moto worth?

Post by epidemiks »

Electric Earth wrote:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:07 pm You'll ask for $350 like every other tourist, and settle for $200...
Not a tourist. If need be, I have someone I can leave it with to sell for me, so I don't Have to take too much less than it's worth, which is more than $200. You'd be lucky to get a running bike for that.
It's not worth more than $150, especially now as there's neither backpackers to ride it back to hcmc, or anyone else willing to buy that would be able to cross the border.
Sir Stephen
Expatriate
France

Post by Sir Stephen »

I think it's worth less than before the virus :chin: Just joking..good luck with the sale
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

epidemiks wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:15 pmIt's not worth more than $150, especially now as there's neither backpackers to ride it back to hcmc, or anyone else willing to buy that would be able to cross the border.
Not that someone doing that isn't welcome to buy it, but I imagine whoever buys it will be from Siem Reap. Or at least someone living in Cambodia. It's been kind of modified out of backpacker form. It no longer has a luggage rack, and the handlebars have been replaced by clip-on style bars. Probably not as comfy for doing 8hr rides across the countryside. This is a fun bike that's been modified to look cool and ride around the city or nearby towns, not really for backpacking.
Last edited by Electric Earth on Fri May 22, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Sir Stephen wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:06 pm I think it's worth less than before the virus :chin: Just joking..good luck with the sale
Unfortunately, I'm sure it is.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
ash333
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ash333 »

Is it worth much in Vietnam?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Electric Earth wrote:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:07 pm You'll ask for $350 like every other tourist, and settle for $200...
Not a tourist. If need be, I have someone I can leave it with to sell for me, so I don't Have to take too much less than it's worth, which is more than $200. You'd be lucky to get a running bike for that.
Then sell it for more than $200. It's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. Why the hell are you asking us anyways if you don't want to hear our opinions? Jeez...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Electric Earth wrote:
epidemiks wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:15 pmIt's not worth more than $150, especially now as there's neither backpackers to ride it back to hcmc, or anyone else willing to buy that would be able to cross the border.
Not that someone doing that isn't welcome to buy it, but I imagine whoever buys it will be from Siem Reap. Or at least someone living in Cambodia. It's been kind of modified out of backpacker form. It no longer has a luggage rack, and the handlebars have been replaced by clip-on style bars. Probably not as comfy for doing 8hr rides across the countryside. This is a fun bike that's been modified to look cool and ride around the city or nearby towns, not really for backpacking.
Then it's definitely not worth more than 150. Those bikes have one good purpose of ferrying 75lt backpacks around. With clipons and no racks it's not much use to anyone. If you can get 150, take it.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:55 pmWhy the hell are you asking us anyways if you don't want to hear our opinions? Jeez...
If you're gonna get upset about me replying to you, then why did you comment in the first place. Jeez...
Sorry if I've upset you by replying. Isn't that what the forum is for? :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic