Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020 (Latest Updates)

Post by monomial »

Phnom Poon wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:39 pm the last thing cambodia should be doing is opening international borders just yet

much of the economic damage has come from the rest of the world shutting down
locally, it's schools and entertainment shutting down, and people just staying at home

but otherwise, it seems to be almost getting back to normal already
no need to risk new imports
What "back to normal" are you referring to? Nothing is back to normal. There is nothing normal at all right now.

What you actually mean is that you are content to live in the current bubble. Basically an attitude of "I've got mine. Let everyone else eat cake." Marie Antionette would be proud. How long do you think you can enjoy your current bubble while subjecting millions to even worse poverty than they experienced before the lockdown? 1 year? 5 years? At what point do you admit we took the wrong path as a society?

How many more people have to suffer under these border closures, lack of business and lack of tourism so you can enjoy the new bubble? And for how long? When does the callousness stop?

There is no "normal" here at all. This is very, very abnormal, and it needs to stop now.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

calm down

i mean that most markets, shops etc are working as normal, the streets are full of traffic, etc
schools and entertainment being the obvious exception
they should consider opening that up now there are no cases
people aren't moving around as much, but are already much less fearful
'almost' may have been a stretch, but they are 'getting' back to normal

the other stuff that's shut down is due to no tourists, no orders from abroad, ie due to the rest of the world
that wouldn't be fixed by just opening borders, and would risk importing infections, and bring back fear
Last edited by Phnom Poon on Thu May 21, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monstra mihi bona!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I liked this idea of having a thread with only information about Cambodia, but it's constantly OT, so becoming useless. If you're not in Cambodia and don't want to talk about Cambodia, then please don't derail this thread; ignore this, and go to another corona thread that deals with whatever you want to say.

:beer3:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

BREAKING: Cambodia Confirms One New Case of Covid-19 on a Man Travelling from the Philippines
21/05/20 22:07
Phnom Penh (FN), May 21 – Cambodia reported one new case of Covid-19 on Thursday, according to the Ministry of Health’s press release dated 21 May 2020 (updated as of 9 p.m).

The 123rd Covid-19 case was found on a 26-year-old Cambodian man living in Kompong Trach commune, Kompong Trach district, Kampot province.

The man returned home from the Philippines through the Republic of Korea on 20 May 2020.

To date, 122, or 99.1 percent, out of the 123 Covid-19 positive patients in Cambodia have recovered.
=FRESH NEWS
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Did he have his 72 hour covid free test results ,was he isolating back home in the village?
Or is it only for barangs
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

htf did he leave the philippines without being cleared?

i heard its under very strict lockdown
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

fazur wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:56 am htf did he leave the philippines without being cleared?

i heard its under very strict lockdown
He was probably a repatriated migrant worker. I read somewhere that Cambodia is now letting all migrant workers return. For a while HE had told them all to stay put, but I guess since there are now zero cases here, they are bringing them back and checking them for coronavirus. We can expect more cases as more workers return.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

hmmm, possibly, but from what i understand, there are few jobs in phils, cant see them accepting migrant workers with basic skills when they dont have jobs for themselves?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:03 am Did he have his 72 hour covid free test results ,was he isolating back home in the village?
Or is it only for barangs
Covid-19 negative tests are for foreigners only.

2. All foreigners must:
a. have a medical certificate, issued by competent health authorities of their country no more than 72 hours prior to the date of travel, certifying that they are not tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19); and
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:14 pm BREAKING: Cambodia Confirms One New Case of Covid-19 on a Man Travelling from the Philippines
21/05/20 22:07
Phnom Penh (FN), May 21 – Cambodia reported one new case of Covid-19 on Thursday, according to the Ministry of Health’s press release dated 21 May 2020 (updated as of 9 p.m).

The 123rd Covid-19 case was found on a 26-year-old Cambodian man living in Kompong Trach commune, Kompong Trach district, Kampot province.

The man returned home from the Philippines through the Republic of Korea on 20 May 2020.

To date, 122, or 99.1 percent, out of the 123 Covid-19 positive patients in Cambodia have recovered.
=FRESH NEWS
More here:
Kampot man on Philippine flight positive for Covid-19
Phuon Chansereivuth | Publication date 21 May 2020 | 22:38 ICT

The Ministry of Health on Thursday confirmed a new case of Covid-19.

It said the man, a 26-year-old from Kampong Trach commune in Kampot province’s Kampong Trach district, had recently returned from South Korea through a connecting flight from the Philippines.

Official flight records showed the man had arrived in the Kingdom on Wednesday at 10pm with 62 other passengers, 14 of them women.

Among them, 23 are Korean, three Japanese, 34 Cambodians and one each who are Belgian, Taiwanese and Dutch.

The ministry said all the passengers were isolated at a quarantine centre near the Phnom Penh International Airport and had their samples taken for testing.

Only the 26-year-old was confirmed Covid-19 positive and has since been sent to the Khmer-Soviet Friendship hospital for treatment, it said.

The remaining 62 passengers are being quarantined for14 days at a hotel in Phnom Penh, it added.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... QwflyOoFHW
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic