Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020 (Latest Updates)

Post by phuketrichard »

ok; devils advocate
if there are no new cases, why are schools closed? why the above concerning restaurants/bars?
I can see not allowing anyone in, as than for sure they might face a second wave.

Like i said before, Cambodia might have escaped the deaths but the fall out from the garment industry closures, migrant workers back home out of work, loss of tax revenue from Angkor Wat, no tourists, ( did i miss anything other than growing rice?) is going to devastate the country for a long time to come
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

the last thing cambodia should be doing is opening international borders just yet

much of the economic damage has come from the rest of the world shutting down
locally, it's schools and entertainment shutting down, and people just staying at home

but otherwise, it seems to be almost getting back to normal already
no need to risk new imports

monstra mihi bona!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Vietnam yet to confirm COVID-19 patient infected while in Cambodia: Ambassador
Vietnam has yet to confirm when, where and how Patient 315 contracted the COVID-19, Ambassador to Cambodia Vu Quang Minh has said.
VNA Tuesday, May 19, 2020 16:11

Phnom Penh (VNA) - Vietnam has yet to confirm when, where and how Patient 315 contracted the COVID-19, Ambassador to Cambodia Vu Quang Minh has said.

Vietnam, therefore, has still yet to confirm that the patient was infected while he was in Cambodia, and it initially only searched for and quarantined 17 people who had close contact with the man after he returned home, the diplomat told the Vietnam News Agency (VNA).

On May 16, VNA’s Viet Nam News quoted the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control as saying that the 39-year-old man returned to Vietnam from Siem Reap through southern Tay Ninh province on May 2 without any legal document.

On May 5, he tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 but on May 15 tested positive.

Though Vietnam has not yet affirmed that the patient became infected during his stay in Cambodia, it still quarantines suspected cases and announces part of the places he had travelled to so that those in contact with him can be alerted and report to Vietnamese authorities.
https://en.vietnamplus.vn/vietnam-yet-t ... 173549.vnp
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Sam
Tourist
Canada

Post by Sam »

Does anyone know if the immigration at Phnom Penh airport is quarantines international arrivals from China? I see on the airport website that everyday about 3 to 5 flights are arriving from China. I am sure these flights are not coming empty. I am curious to find out if all arrivals are quarantined in government facilities for 14 days and they have to show covid test results taken within 72 hours of arrival. Can anyone shed some light on this topic
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

In case anyone’s wondering what’s in said “dignity kit.”
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

reusable sts? eeew
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Sam wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:28 am Does anyone know if the immigration at Phnom Penh airport is quarantines international arrivals from China? I see on the airport website that everyday about 3 to 5 flights are arriving from China. I am sure these flights are not coming empty. I am curious to find out if all arrivals are quarantined in government facilities for 14 days and they have to show covid test results taken within 72 hours of arrival. Can anyone shed some light on this topic
Of course not. Cambodia would never do anything that might upset mother China or make them look bad. Are you aware that they kept allowing tons of flights during the original outbreak in China? The only time I'm aware of when flights have stopped is when China stopped them. Lots of other countries, banned. China, the source of the outbreak with "god only knows" how many infected, free to travel.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Sam wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:28 am Does anyone know if the immigration at Phnom Penh airport is quarantines international arrivals from China? I see on the airport website that everyday about 3 to 5 flights are arriving from China. I am sure these flights are not coming empty. I am curious to find out if all arrivals are quarantined in government facilities for 14 days and they have to show covid test results taken within 72 hours of arrival. Can anyone shed some light on this topic
Chinese Group Tracked Down for COVID-19 Tests
newsworthy/chinese-group-tracked-down-f ... 37432.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

May 20, 2020
Museums to be reopened next month
The government announced today that all museums across the country, which have been closed since late March to contain the spread of COVID-19, are scheduled to be reopened to the public next month.

In an announcement, Health Minister Mam Bun Heng said the decision was made during a meeting of the National Committee for Combating COVID-19 on May 12 and with greenlight from Prime Minister HE.

The move came after no new case were reported in the Kingdom for over a month and the discharge of the last of the Kingdom’s 122 patients from hospital last week.

However, Mr Bun Heng said the Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts, which is in charge of all museums, should take precautionary measures to prevent the visitors from contracting the coronavirus.

“The Ministry of Culture and Fines Arts, before the reopening, has to take preventive measures to prevent the risk of COVID-19 infection such as scanning visitors’ body temperature before their entry, having sanitiser for both visitors and museum officials to wash their hands and ask them to wear face masks,” he said.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50725090/m ... ext-month/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by rexwell »

Stiliko wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:20 am
Alex wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:52 am So I guess this thread can be closed now. No more coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia. Mission accomplished. And all that.
Second Wave. Coming soon to a province near you
We'll all be planning that route
We're gonna take real soon
We're waxing down our surfboards
We can't wait for June
We'll all be gone for the summer
We're on safari to stay
Tell the teacher we're surfin'
Surfin' Combo-di-a
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic