Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by DaveG »

Just looking at any escape routes on ISOS, ffs everywhere seems closed except the UK, anyone can just fly here, stroll through the airport but I can't even go for a fuckin walk in Wales,

https://pandemic.internationalsos.com/2 ... -screening
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

What I don't get is why they haven't used this month to extend their state quarantine capacity - there are plenty of empty hotels available, after all.

That would allow them to repatriate Thais who are still stranded abroad quicker, and they could allow foreign residents who are currently stranded abroad to return as well. That foreigners with permanent residence, work permit or family in Thailand still won't be allowed in throughout June is shameful. It causes undue hardship to countless individuals and businesses.

That said, I do agree with limiting arrivals and enforcing state quarantine for the time being. New imported cases are now the main risk.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

So much for social distancing at the Ikea store in Bang Na Bangkok

If Tops and a few restaurants in Central mall were not there, i would have zero reason to go to a mall.
cant see, just cause they been closed for 6 weeks,what the big rush is to go ,"shopping" at a mall :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Social distancing is not going to be practiced and there is no reason for it. It is advocated by the same alarmists who support the lockdowns. Humans are social beings, especially asians living in big families. Nature will take its way no matter what, sadly, after economy is wrecked.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

hunter8 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:29 pm Social distancing is not going to be practiced and there is no reason for it. It is advocated by the same alarmists who support the lockdowns. Humans are social beings, especially asians living in big families. Nature will take its way no matter what, sadly, after economy is wrecked.
Well I just cant make up my mind, on the one hand there's the scientists, epidemiologists, and medical experts and on the other hand there's my mates at the pub who flunked college and some guy on an internet forum......I just dont know who to believe about this whole virus thing any more
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

There are a many doctors such as Rashid Buttar, Dr Tenpenny and lots more on Bitchute who call BS on the whole social distancing idea. All censored by Youtube cuz it's like dangerous to listen to other opinions and have a debate. Your lucky to have drinking buddies who can see through the hysteria.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

lagrange wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:34 pm
hunter8 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:29 pm Social distancing is not going to be practiced and there is no reason for it. It is advocated by the same alarmists who support the lockdowns. Humans are social beings, especially asians living in big families. Nature will take its way no matter what, sadly, after economy is wrecked.
Well I just cant make up my mind, on the one hand there's the scientists, epidemiologists, and medical experts and on the other hand there's my mates at the pub who flunked college and some guy on an internet forum......I just dont know who to believe about this whole virus thing any more
It’s not that simple, mate.
For the past 3 months economists and business people were given zero time on media. Listening exclusively to epidemiologists who know nothing about economy is going to have major consequences.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

DaveG wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:26 pm Just looking at any escape routes on ISOS, ffs everywhere seems closed except the UK, anyone can just fly here, stroll through the airport but I can't even go for a fuckin walk in Wales,

Hey, Gringo... quieres un paseo en mi burro?

And to think... I spent nearly £2k to fly back here in a big panic in March. Could of stayed put and lived on the money :D
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

DaveG wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:26 pm Just looking at any escape routes on ISOS, ffs everywhere seems closed except the UK, anyone can just fly here, stroll through the airport but I can't even go for a fuckin walk in Wales,

Italy is looking good, so too Greece, which will be cheaper.

Italy's 'bel paese' to throw open its arms to tourists again
Italian government announces that from June 3 all visitors will be allowed into the country with no obligation to self-isolate

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... -tourists/
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:15 am If Tops and a few restaurants in Central mall were not there, i would have zero reason to go to a mall.
cant see, just cause they been closed for 6 weeks,what the big rush is to go ,"shopping" at a mall :stir:
There's always the free air-conditioning. That might not be a draw for you or me, but if you're living in a sticky little fan room in Bangna, I can see why you would be looking forward to a day out at Mega / IKEA. It was extremely hot in Bangkok yesterday, and it was a Sunday.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic